PS Audio PerfectWave DAC

• 1 year later...

How do I hook up my 2009 Mac Mini to my PWD mk1 bridge to use the Mini as a music server? 

The PWD bridge (the expansion port in the pic below) has an ethernet connection and a USB connection, but the USB connection is the thin USB input connector that I see on computers, while the 'digital input' that's on the PWD directly (not the bridge) is the USB accessory square looking input.

psaudiopwd_back.jpg

IIRC, on the PWD Mk1, the networked Bridge input may sound better since it has the Digital Lens to reduce jitter. So I'd prefer to plug the Mac Mini into the Bridge. But i'm not sure if I need to do anything special with the Mac Mini to do that? It seems to me that I can't just plug it in to the Bridge and have it work as a server, and be DLNA compatible. And if I plug it into the regular digital input, it'll probably work ok, but then wouldn't have the Digital Lens, plus it wouldn't be DLNA compatible, and would be harder to remote control?

• 4 weeks later...

See that red jumper wire in the terminal block? I'd say that is the voltage setting and this is picture of a 230V unit. Anybody have a US unit they want to open up?

Hello. I Have just opened my PWD MKii today. This one is 110V and I want to change it to 230V. You are right, the jumper setting is really diferent. The first screw is connected to the third ans the second screw connected to the forth...  Are you sure it is only needed to change this jumper and put it like the above photo? Regards... 

Sorry to bump the thread. I'm thinking of getting a PWD but not sure if it could be converted to 230v AC. The only clear pic of the transformer I could find is the one from 6moons:

dac_expansion_inside.jpg

The dealer wants $200 to do the conversion, which I never want to do.

Also want to change! This is the photo of the PWD for the 110V Jumper settings... Diferent from the above...

post-4389-0-63431900-1389404030_thumb.jp

I wouldn't look blindly at the jumpers as there are clearly two ways for them connect the transformer primaries.  Those are also not the same transformers. 

Is the picture you posted of the 117V setup your own unit?  If so, look all around the transformer for any writing as to which wire is which.  Then remove the jumpers and ohm out the connections to the jumpers.  Then you will know how to connect them. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't look blindly at the jumpers as there are clearly two ways for them connect the transformer primaries.  Those are also not the same transformers. 

Is the picture you posted of the 117V setup your own unit?  If so, look all around the transformer for any writing as to which wire is which.  Then remove the jumpers and ohm out the connections to the jumpers.  Then you will know how to connect them. 

Hello Spritzer. Thank you very much for the reply. Yes it is my own unit and the dealer is asking 200€ for the conversion (Portugal). Can you help me with the conversion? What do you mean by "remove the jumpers and ohm out the connections to the jumpers"? Thanks. Regards.

Hello Spritzer. Thank you very much for the reply. Yes it is my own unit and the dealer is asking 200€ for the conversion (Portugal). Can you help me with the conversion? What do you mean by "remove the jumpers and ohm out the connections to the jumpers"? Thanks. Regards.

On the switch it is writen 250v so it is ok to deal with 250v, on the fuses it is writen 250V so it's the same, on the 2 transformet it's writen 120V, so between the fuses and the transformers some "Magic Hapens" :) Best regards. 

Can you post a high resolution picture of the labels on the transformer and where the wires are soldered into the PCB?  It's quite clear what needs to be done but I want to make sure that there is nothing hidden. 

When configuring a component for 230V you need to wire the primaries in series but for 117V they are in parallel.  For this the picture from 6moons makes sense but I just want to make sure that it is the case. 

post-4389-0-28391300-1389453734_thumb.jp

Can you post a high resolution picture of the labels on the transformer and where the wires are soldered into the PCB?  It's quite clear what needs to be done but I want to make sure that there is nothing hidden. 

When configuring a component for 230V you need to wire the primaries in series but for 117V they are in parallel.  For this the picture from 6moons makes sense but I just want to make sure that it is the case. 

I hope this will help... One of the transformets is hidden behind some components so i took pictures of the 2 transformers. Thahks.

Yup, we need higher resolution.  It's certain though that the voltage can be changed. 

Heelo Sprotzer. I Contacted today Portuguese Dealer, they say they need the Diagram from PS Audio, PS Audio page says it can be done at the dealer very quickly... Can you send me your email so I can send you the fotos high-res? The we post the final result here in the forum to help our coleagues...

Because here I have problems with large fotos... Thank you for all tour help. Regards. Carlos.