Anyone here do MAME and other emulators?

LFF

MAME - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is a good start.

Its been around a long time, is available on multiple platforms, and has various front ends to make life easy for you.

The real trick though is getting the original ROMS of the games, that MAME emulates the hardware for. Although that is not so much of a problem if you know where to look.

Use the net luke! alt.binaries.emulators.mame ;)

I've used emulators on and off for a long time. My favorites for each system:

SNES: ZSNES

Genesis: GENS

Saturn: SSF

Playstation: ePSXe

Playstation 2: PCSX2

Some of the latter ones take a little more effort to configure (the Playstation ones especially, which use a plug-in system). I usually visit NGEmu to keep up with news.

Project64 for N64.

N64 gaming is thrice times as good as the console when you use an emulator with Xbox 360 pads. It's just a shame that Goldeneye can't be made to work properly with a keyboard and mouse because of the way the games control system is set up.

Well, after a night of reading, I have the following set-up using Maximus Arcade:

1. For NES: ROCKNESx

2. For SNES: ZSNES

3. For Genesis: Gens

4. For Sega Master: FREEZESMSV46

5. For Turbo Grafx: PCE

6. For NeoGeo: NeoRageX5.0

7. For GameBoy: KigB

That's about all I have. I still need others like Saturn, N64, Playstation and MAME. I got MAME32 but I am having trouble configuring it to work with my cheap Logitech playstation-like game pad.

I'll keep at it though.

I'm using MAMEUI32 as the front end (from MameUI: The GUI Version of the M.ultiple A.rcade M.achine E.mulator)

I have a logitech Dual Action Pad. Calibrate Pad via Control Panel-> Game Controlers->Properties->Settings,

Then in MAMEUI32 you can set up the Options->Default Game Options or a specific Game File->Properties -> Controllers Enable Joystick Input and you should be fine.

I'm using MAMEUI32 as the front end (from MameUI: The GUI Version of the M.ultiple A.rcade M.achine E.mulator)

I have a logitech Dual Action Pad. Calibrate Pad via Control Panel-> Game Controlers->Properties->Settings,

Then in MAMEUI32 you can set up the Options->Default Game Options or a specific Game File->Properties -> Controllers Enable Joystick Input and you should be fine.

Awesome! This sounds promising!!! Thanks!

Thanks! This really helped out!