Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the masses will cry if the first thing I do at Canjam is lop off the stock plug and solder on a 4-pin XLR?

I say, start on some woodwork and have a few cups available for the full re-wire and woody experience.

I'm bringing a heat gun, we can open the shells and rewire from the drivers :)

Nate, make sure you have enough wire.

Somewhat off topic, but how do you married folk do it, seriously.

I can't see myself convincing a future wife to let me spend over $400 in headphones when I think paying over $200 for a purse is stupid.

I need to start taking notes now.

See, that is your mistake. When your future wife says, "honey, I want that $200 (by the way, that's reasonable by todays standards) purse, you say, of course honey, it looks great on you. Are you sure you only want one." Then you are ready for your $400+ audio purchase.

I can't see myself convincing a future wife to let me spend over $400 in headphones when I think paying over $200 for a purse is stupid.

Your assumption that she knows is laughable, that's lesson #1.

Dan/Mike, no woody or recable plans just yet for the HF-2. Heck, I still haven't recabled my HF-1s so I don't see a huge need there. The 1/4" plug is unacceptable though and if someone has a soldering iron there I'll absolutely chop the plug and reterm w/in 10 minutes of ownership.

Somewhat off topic, but how do you married folk do it, seriously.

Simple: Don't tell her everything you think!

I wonder if the masses will cry if the first thing I do at Canjam is lop off the stock plug and solder on a 4-pin XLR?

I would like to see it as I intend to do the same thing and would love to hear the end result at the show.

My order went in around 10 AM EST and Todd can't guarantee I can pick mine up at the meet so I assume it might not be a first come first serve thing and might be a Headphone celebrity thing.

My order went in around 10 AM EST and Todd can't guarantee I can pick mine up at the meet so I assume it might not be a first come first serve thing and might be a Headphone celebrity thing.

With due respect to all the headphone celebs around these parts, that would be kinda lame. :)

Yeah, not entirely serious about that but I guess we will see when we all show up at his room Saturday morning with our receipts.

Don't really care but if I know I am getting one I would probably throw the HP-2s in the bag and make it a Grado weekend. ;D

hell the ship date is June 1st, and I imagine they are shipping straight from b r double o k lyn the planet. if I don't get mine at cj it's all good. if we're lucky though maybe john will get more out to Todd for cj?

Those who pre-ordered early will probably all have them the week after CJ, so no big deal for me. We will all just pass Dan's pair around all weekend.

I think todd realized how much of a logistical nightmare promising early delivery was gonna be. I just hope he still gives me mine early, I really want my matching number, and I ordered pretty darn early :)

I just want my Pico Slim to match the serial number of my Pico DAC.

I think todd realized how much of a logistical nightmare promising early delivery was gonna be. I just hope he still gives me mine early, I really want my matching number, and I ordered pretty darn early :)

I don't see why it should be a nightmare, it just needs to have some order rather than first come first serve. If you ordered in the first 20 and you're going to be at CanJam you can pick it up provided you bring your receipt. Once those folks are taken care and assuming there are any left (since I'm assuming there are less than 20 of the first 20 available to the masses) he just goes down the order list until 20 are gone. Everyone else gets their order shipped in order or purchase after the event.

Edited by boomana
ooops, wrong button, I didn't actually edit anything :)

Anyone know what type of pads these will ship with?

The looks of the phone is one of the things those in the know are keeping a secret. Current speculation at the other site is: based on the fact that "Todd Green has described the HF-2 as a sort of 'baby PS-1000,'" we are going to see metal cups and donut pads.

Of course the dissenting sentiment is that the comment can be construed to mean, "no significant advance in technology or build materials, only an increased price to match the current used market value of the original product." From what I can gather, people are speculating based on their feelings towards Grado, rather than any actual knowledge of the product. yay!

Edited by raif
previewing your post is for wimps

I ordered around 4PM (PT) Friday and Todd said I was very likely within "week after CanJam shipping, but those ordering next week may have a couple more weeks wait." Not sure if "next week" started a few hours later or Monday, but since I'm very sure I don't qualify for celebrity status in any audio or other form, hopefully all of you who ordered before me are in that batch or at the show. He also seemed pretty adamant only 20 were making it to CJ.

I ordered around 4PM (PT) Friday and Todd said I was very likely within "week after CanJam shipping, but those ordering next week may have a couple more weeks wait." Not sure if "next week" started a few hours later or Monday, but since I'm very sure I don't qualify for celebrity status in any audio or other form, hopefully all of you who ordered before me are in that batch or at the show. He also seemed pretty adamant only 20 were making it to CJ.

Nice, I think I'm within first week of shipped too