Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, it was only meet listening, but I'd much rather have an HF2 than a PS1000 (assuming I was actually listening to them, not selling them ;))

I got to hear them on CanJam Friday in quiet conditions and agree 100% with your opinion. There will not be a pair of PS1000s heading my way.

I got to hear them on CanJam Friday in quiet conditions and agree 100% with your opinion. There will not be a pair of PS1000s heading my way.

I know this may seem strange, but I think they're kind of expensive!!! At least a lot more expensive than I think they ought to be for the excellent but not in any way Earth shattering sound quality. I agree that under meet conditions the HF2 seemed to be every bit as good. I've got my pair now, but can't seem to quite listening to the HD800 for some reason. :D

While I didn't hear them side-by-side, I thought the PS1Ks had less bass bloat on most equipment than the PS1s (or GS1Ks for that matter). I'm in the PS1Ks are a midrange-fixed GS1Ks camp. Course that's assuming you found something attractive about the GS1Ks in the first place, which doesn't seem to be the case for many.

And I'm still waiting for the HF2s to arrive, but from my time at CJ, and comparing on both Todds amps against the RS1 as I mentioned above, I didn't find them as balanced as some of you. Then again many of you have spent more time with them, I'm not sure the burn-in time on each phone and I really only spent significant time on the two amps. Still looking forward to them though.

I'm in the PS1Ks are a midrange-fixed GS1Ks camp.

Glad to hear this camp exits, because I'm in it. The PS1K still suffers from some of the ssssssssssssibilance problems of the GS1K, but the midrange is back, and the bass and soundstage are still awesome. If it wasn't goddamn $1700 I might consider it.

Let it be known that I am 100% a flats guy, but I definitely prefer the bowls with the HF-2. So I guess I'm like 95% a flats guy now.

Glad to hear this camp exits, because I'm in it. The PS1K still suffers from some of the ssssssssssssibilance problems of the GS1K, but the midrange is back, and the bass and soundstage are still awesome. If it wasn't goddamn $1700 I might consider it.

Let it be known that I am 100% a flats guy, but I definitely prefer the bowls with the HF-2. So I guess I'm like 95% a flats guy now.

I listened to the HF-2 last weekend at Absorbine's as well. I have not really listened to a lot of high-end Grados, but would consider myself a flats guy as well. Bowls were to be equated with drilling holes in my ears from my experience, but I figured all of you who waxed on about bowls couldn't have that bad of ears. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the HF-2s. With bowls.

Granted, it was only meet listening, but I'd much rather have an HF2 than a PS1000 (assuming I was actually listening to them, not selling them ;))

I agree with both of these guys. I think i am gonna get an HF2.

I tried listening with flats last night and they exhibited the flaws that you guys are all complaining about. HF-2, like HF-1, were made to play with bowls and I think that is how they sound best. I guess my new flats can just be backup for the PS-1 which I unquestionably like better with flats.

I emailed TTVJ about upgrading my shipping method and asked whether or not my order will be from the first batch and this is their reply:

"Your HF-2s will be shipping next week on Wed. We will let you know your confirmation number when they ship. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your order and we will be in touch soon."

:dance: :dance: :dance: