Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this les garten guy? Is he important?

Beyond being a decent buyer/seller (yeah I've done a transaction with him), he's generally a douche-nozzle in the discussion forums who loves to stir up controversy whenever possible. Sometimes it is justified *cough amphora cough*, other times, not so much.

Hi zippy, could you please elaborate, how does the HF-2 compare to the W5000?

The HF-2 and W5000 are completely different headphones.

The HF-2 are open headphones with a good punchy bass, well balanced presentation, smaller headstage. They are definitely more forward sounding than the W5000. To me they are more fun to listen to and sound great with some classic rock.

The W5000 are closed and very comfortable to wear, but can have some fit issues depending upon the size of your head. The W5000 are a bit lacking in the bass, so the mids and highs tend to stand out more. The detail retreival is great and work well with classical, some jazz and female vocals.

I like them both, but they sound very different.

Beyond being a decent buyer/seller (yeah I've done a transaction with him), he's generally a douche-nozzle in the discussion forums who loves to stir up controversy whenever possible. Sometimes it is justified *cough amphora cough*, other times, not so much.

I had a poor experience with him trying to do a transaction / have him on ignore I believe.

I found the Head-F1 error kinda charming, but could understand others being bothered. This I'd have a hard time dismissing.

That was pretty much my take on it...the typo I could live with and it'd probably grow on me, but the marks are too much. I already emailed Todd, so we'll see what happens.

Let's blame Les. Isn't he the one who made the stink about engraving in the first place? Though a bit far-fetched, it's still not out of line to consider Grado went with another engraver, possibly to address the concerns of those posting at that time, and maybe grabbing a lower bid while exploring options, thinking win-win. I personally think it's fucked up that they just sent them out, hoping for the best, like no one would notice.

It's my fault! I was told that another engraver was engaged per Todd. I will say that the new lettering looks good, when it's not misspelled, and all smudges are absent, and the glue's wiped off. For a turned down set of 325s, they look great! The valuable one's, and the most rare, will be the last fifty that are done right. It will be interesting to see how many versions there are finally. Now, we're working on three.