Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

Got mine today - serial #30, "F1" edition (not that I mind though). Sounds great and it fits even better into the flight case I bought from 1saleaday.com.

I may or may not keep these depending on how HD414 pads affect the sound...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today - serial #30, "F1" edition (not that I mind though). Sounds great and it fits even better into the flight case I bought from 1saleaday.com.

I may or may not keep these depending on how HD414 pads affect the sound...

What's the difference between those and the Grado comfies?

Guest sachu

This is truly amazing..what kind of QC do they have at grado..seems like they are just living up to their fantastic quality levels.

GIving some money back to the customer might have made more sense though...kinda assuage the betrayed feeling most will be feeling now. I would like to see how many cancellations this may elicit.

Well, I just canceled. I was not sure about ordering in the first place since I am not much of Grado fan and don't really like the sound signature that much. But this is just annoying and in a way disrespectful.

Why should I buy special edition headphones with an obvious mistake on it? Sure it's all about sound, but for me it was also about getting something that was made with care for the community. Now it does not look this way. :palm:

What, you've gotta be kidding me, no fix to the engraving?! Only chaos will ensue from this. I can't imagine many will be pleased about this development.

I don't really buy that no one noticed the error before either. I mean, it's right there on the earcups, how does one not see that? I could understand Todd not noticing, but no one at Grado noticed? The packing of the headphone inside the pizza box was so deliberate and careful, it's totally just right there in plain sight and there's obviously a "1" not an "i". :palm:

In any case, I can't really blame Grado for the action that's being taken, even if it's not the one that most people would've wanted.

It would have been such an easy fix if only the headphones weren't assembled.

Strip off the anodizing - lot charge of $25

Turn the faces of the cups again - less than 5 minutes per pair

Anodize again - $1 per cup

Then laser etch company does the whole job for free if they were the ones that screwed up

I think it's most likely that the cups were taken in and assembled by people at Grado who do not know about Head-Fi and wouldn't have noticed the error.

You could even just do a half-assed attempt to change the "1" to an "I"

I don't really buy that no one noticed the error before either. I mean, it's right there on the earcups, how does one not see that?

I don't buy it all either, it's pretty simple really they had 500 made saw the error and didn't want to pay to get them re-done. Just figured they'd dump them on everyone and hope not too many people complain.

I don't buy it all either, it's pretty simple really they had 500 made saw the error and didn't want to pay to get them re-done. Just figured they'd dump them on everyone and hope not too many people complain.

Just read Todd's post; I guess if they had already built all the headphones, it would be a tough call, knowing they will probably sell all 500 anyway. But if the cups are just sitting there at Grado and they're going to continue using them that's messed up.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Todd has been royally hosed here and it's pretty obvious who the hoser is.

Yeah if they were already built I'd agree its a tougher decision but it's pretty clear that the cups are just sitting in a big pile as they wait to be assembled.

Again not surprising typical Grado bullshit. They better sound pretty darn good otherwise my pair will be going back.

We are going to make the cutoff for the HF-2 at 500 headphones or July 31st. – which ever comes first. There are currently about 400 orders placed.

So, theoretically, if these last 100 sell, and more people order afterwards, the last ones would have the engraving fixed?

Well, if there are 100 left, I propose that in order to "correct" the error, they now allow whoever wants more than one to buy multiples.

I'd like to buy one for someone as a gift.

Or free pads! Yea!

EDIT: nevermind, I misinterpreted. 500 is tops. Got it.