Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

No. There were 25 pairs at CanJam (1-25) and Todd has #00. Those are the 26 pairs that read "FI" as far as I know. No one who ordered and had their pair shipped is getting anything other than F1.

:sadcat:

Mine are out for delivery. May have them later today, since I'm not home. Guess it will be a Formula 1 version. Maybe I can get it anodized Ferrari red. Shame I couldn't make it to CanJam, as I was easily in the top 20.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. There were 25 pairs at CanJam (1-25) and Todd has #00. Those are the 26 pairs that read "FI" as far as I know. No one who ordered and had their pair shipped is getting anything other than F1.

I have #15. For once it paid to volunteer for something.

:sadcat:

Mine are out for delivery. May have them later today, since I'm not home. Guess it will be a Formula 1 version. Maybe I can get it anodized Ferrari red. Shame I couldn't make it to CanJam, as I was easily in the top 20.

Todd didn't pass out the ones he had at CJ in the order people that people ordered them. He first gave them out to people involved with creating and running CanJams past and present. I was a volunteer worker. That's why I got mine at CJ. How many he had left to deliver after that I don't know. So you may or may not have gotten yours, even if you were at CJ.

I'm wondering if Grado threw away the casings that were complained about and how many there were. Could be tied into why they chose not to redo the cups again? I doubt they only ordered 20 of the original casings. Not that finding out will help the situation... =/

Guest sachu
Has anyone compared the HF-2 to the YH100 ortho?

If you have heard and like yamaha ortho sound then for sure you will like the Yh-100 better. That said, the smaller yamahas are more appealing to me now. They are a lot more fun but lose out on the details compared to the Yh-100.

Got mine today - serial #30, "F1" edition (not that I mind though). Sounds great and it fits even better into the flight case I bought from 1saleaday.com.

I may or may not keep these depending on how HD414 pads affect the sound...

If I say that I like the HF-2 moar than my old Moon Audio Cardas re-cabled ATH-AD2000, then you'll be compelled to sell the HF-2 just to spite me. :P

If I say that I like the HF-2 moar than my old Moon Audio Cardas re-cabled ATH-AD2000, then you'll be compelled to sell the HF-2 just to spite me. :P

No the only reason I'd sell the HF-2 would be if I didn't like it with either bowl or HD414 pads as I mentioned.

Curious, what would you do with the domains?

I don't know yet but you never know when a Head-Fi/Case spin-off site might come in handy....

No it's all funny, starting with you bitching about something that's only a problem in photographs, and having it turn into a debacle.

Listen, I didn't make the things. There were posts today at HF about the problems with the original etching. Place your contempt with the manufacturer.

I don't know yet but you never know when a Head-Fi/Case spin-off site might come in handy....

Perhaps a 3rd, then 4th, then 5th site for people banned from the others. Could be interesting to see who's left in the end, and what he/she talks about.

Listen, I didn't make the things. There were posts today at HF about the problems with the original etching. Place your contempt with the manufacturer.

No, there were no "problems" with the original etching. The only information on the old etchings vs. the new etchings is that the new etchings are deeper, and thus it looks like there's more contrast for the lettering.

The only reason why Grado would have gone with deeper etchings is because of your fucking complaints about blurry lettering. Nobody else (who actually owned a pair) had a problem with them. If they did, they can chime in, since they're all right here.

Personally, I would have preferred the shallower etching anyway, since I'm not one of those nouveau riche, Dolce & Gabbana loving, Real Housewives of Orange Assfuck who needs conspicuous branding on my temples. Oh, and also, it would have been nice to avoid the typo that you caused. <3

PS: O hai head-case. Sorry for joining, but my Tourette's was going to get me banned at head-f1, as I couldn't respond to Les with appropriately colorful language. I'll go back to lurking now.

No, there were no "problems" with the original etching. The only information on the old etchings vs. the new etchings is that the new etchings are deeper, and thus it looks like there's more contrast for the lettering.

The only reason why Grado would have gone with deeper etchings is because of your fucking complaints about blurry lettering. Nobody else (who actually owned a pair) had a problem with them. If they did, they can chime in, since they're all right here.

Personally, I would have preferred the shallower etching anyway, since I'm not one of those nouveau riche, Dolce & Gabbana loving, Real Housewives of Orange Assfuck who needs conspicuous branding on my temples. Oh, and also, it would have been nice to avoid the typo that you caused. <3

PS: O hai head-case. Sorry for joining, but my Tourette's was going to get me banned at head-f1, as I couldn't respond to Les with appropriately colorful language. I'll go back to lurking now.

Like I said, direct your gratuitous self serving Venom to the incompetent crew making canz in Brooklyn.

You did make a big deal out of nothing. Those who either owned or had seen them in person all said there was no issue, and you beat a dead horse and riled up the masses. The fact you wouldn't let it go kept the discussion about imagined deficiencies didn't help one bit. I only took you off my ignore list because you rendered that thread all but unreadable as you posted (and were quoted) multiple times per page.

You did make a big deal out of nothing. Those who either owned or had seen them in person all said there was no issue, and you beat a dead horse and riled up the masses. The fact you wouldn't let it go kept the discussion about imagined deficiencies didn't help one bit. I only took you off my ignore list because you rendered that thread all but unreadable as you posted (and were quoted) multiple times per page.

No issue? Why did Grado switch engravers? You guys are something else!

If you ask me, F1 is kind of funny and adds a bit of value to the limitedness. Perfect for HC members who would rather not have HEAD-FI on their HF-2.

Smack talk !:rolleyes:

Unfortunately it is not indication of limitedness anymore :D

By the way without going too deep in details, what history of "head-case.org"? is it older then head-fi? is it just coexists or in friendly or competitive relations with head-fi?

I found this web site when I was lookinf for info about HF2 and was quite surprised that first -

1) here people had erlier information about hf2 then on head-fi

2) kind of elite headphone lovers community gathered here :) not so busy as at head-fi but at the same time - but really friendly and knowing each-other.

3) even more was surprised seeing same names with the same enormous amount of posts :)))) how are you deciding order visit first and where post first???

I don't really buy that no one noticed the error before either. I mean, it's right there on the earcups, how does one not see that? I could understand Todd not noticing, but no one at Grado noticed? The packing of the headphone inside the pizza box was so deliberate and careful, it's totally just right there in plain sight and there's obviously a "1" not an "i". :palm:.

Same for me... people could understand truth but I could not understand that... No one at Grado seen F1??? when even first customer noticed it right away? Or it is totally untruthful or nobody at Grado cared about this headphones enough....

$10 more sent to Head-Fi? Nice little Windfall there. I wonder what the logic/negotiations were behind that??

Could be sarcastic but... and some could see it as a "Les Talk" but at the same time... :confused:

I've been out of the country for a while. Can someone fill me in? Grado did a new special can?

I thought I was first who had idea of that user-name (inspired by "HeadphoneAddict" idea), and even register it on head-fi, but here name was registered slightly earlier :)

...unfortunately head-fi banned mine account :eek: as against rule: "Use only one username per person" (newer thought such rule could exist) and as a "not funny" for some people. Not sure which part was a bigger problem... :confused:

Hopefully administration here is more openminded about freedom of talk (not includes freedom of offense, insult and so on) and community tolerates differences of opinions.