Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did at CJ. Preferred bowls by a large margin. Midrange loses a little. Flats were too aggressive BTW, though it looks like atothex disagrees.

I agree that they're very aggressive with flats. Too aggressive? Well, I didn't buy Grados for classical...

Very good to hear that. I also ordered a pair of flats with them, figuring that once burnt in the bass might tighten up and reduce in quantity, and flats would then provide a little extra oomph in this department.

My SR-325i did indeed lose bass as they burned in, but with over 300 hours on my HF-2 there is no sign that it's going to happen with these. The bass did tighten up and become more controlled (less bass cloud) but the bass volume does not seem to let up and is just right with bowls to me.

Anyone have both the PS1 and the HF2? I'd like to hear opinions on that, never having heard a PS1 myself. I was considering buying a PS1, but going rate seems to be $2k on these. That's too rich for my blood.

I've heard opinions from people who used to have the PS1 and now have the HF2, but I'd prefer to hear a direct comparison as opposed to one made from recollections of the PS1's sound.

Anyone have both the PS1 and the HF2? I'd like to hear opinions on that, never having heard a PS1 myself. I was considering buying a PS1, but going rate seems to be $2k on these. That's too rich for my blood.

I've heard opinions from people who used to have the PS1 and now have the HF2, but I'd prefer to hear a direct comparison as opposed to one made from recollections of the PS1's sound.

Quite a few of my friends have ordered the HF-2, but sadly none of them have gotten it yet. Another friend was so kind as to lend our group his PS-1 as well, I might be able to make some brief comparisons if I get my hands on both at the same time.

Nah, having 'head-fi' in it looks crap IMO. It's bad enough that they used 'headphones'... I mean no shit they're headphones. Having HF2 somewhere is enough, much like the HF1 before it. I just thought it should be listed as the grado professional series since it's build like the current PS1000.

I own both. Just got the hf-2's today, so too early for any comments.

Biggie.

So I've been listening more to the HF2, and I like it even MOAR tonight. This is the first pair of Grados that I can tolerate for more than an hour at a time. Just a very musically satisfying sound.

And I also have to add how pleased I am about how the HF2 pairs with the GLite. I've always thought of the GLite as being a touch on the bright side. But it really does a nice job with the HF2. And I also recall hearing the GLite with the AD2000 at an NYC Meet a couple of years ago; it was great, too. Conversely, I heard the AD2000 out of a rig at the last NYC Meet that made my ears hurt because it was so bright. Weird.

So I've been listening more to the HF2, and I like it even MOAR tonight. This is the first pair of Grados that I can tolerate for more than an hour at a time. Just a very musically satisfying sound.

Right now if someone said I could only keep one of my John Grado headphones it would be toss up if I would keep the HF-2 or the MS-Pro. That is saying a lot as the MS-Pro has seen a lot of headphones come and go in this house.

A guy takes a gratuitous BS 6th Grade schoolyard shot, he can get one back.

dim_bulb_background.jpg