Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I didn't have enough time to call him a cunt, straight up. I never used that word in high school, but it works for me now.

And no one else is better at using it :).

I threw my shot in a few days ago, so I'll sit back on this :asshat:.

Postman just delivered my pair, which shipped last week. For a few numbers I got the flawed lettering ones instead of the first batch having it right. No problem, I don't think that's important.

BTW these things sound quite good out from the PC soundcard. More balanced than I expected, clear, nuanced... I think they will qualify for the "killer portable fun cans" category. I'll have to get a case for them.

Postman just delivered my pair, which shipped last week. For a few numbers I got the flawed lettering ones instead of the first batch having it right. No problem, I don't think that's important.

BTW these things sound quite good out from the PC soundcard. More balanced than I expected, clear, nuanced... I think they will qualify for the "killer portable fun cans" category. I'll have to get a case for them.

Congrats on receiving the first pair in Spain AFAIK, Mine are on the way but I didn't order until the 30th May. So I think I have at least 5-6 more weeks to wait.

Dumb question, but does anyone have any experience with asking Tawd to hold onto a package for a week or so? Per an email with him, it looks like my pair will be shipping out at roughly the same time that I travel out of the country.

I don't want to get bumped back in line and have to wait for a new build-batch, but I also don't want FedEx to drop the package in front of my apartment for Neighbor McGrabbyhands. From my experience, Fed Ex won't take the extra 30 seconds to leave it in with the leasing office on the first floor, even if a signature is required.

Woe is me, etc.

Mine are on their way as well. I have #9 on loan, so I'll get a chance to compare the first batch to the later batch and make sure I'm happy with them. Then it will be time to plan the mods. Hmmmm...

I don't mind the cable length, or the thicker cable from the split down... But I do find the thicker cable from the split up a bit awkward. As anyone with experience with Grados knows, the part from the cup to the split rarely stays straight, and the thicker cable means more pressure on my cheek, neck or wherever it hits at the bend.

Wouldn't you have to buff out the engraving first (don't know the technical term for this) before putting new text on the cups?

good reason to get them recabled

had a crazy thought how about a recable and custom re anodizing:eek:

I smell a group buy

Dude. I second that. :)