Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, what do you care what other people do? And as Sherlock pointed out, they provide a service to those who haven't "gotten while the gettin's good".

I think it's well within my right to think that buying a community offering for the sole purpose of immediately flipping it for profit is weak. I should have included the for profit part in my original post, if resold at purchase price (even adding additional shipping) would sit fine with me. But I suspect that we're less than a few weeks away from $800 HF2s.

What about all the other rare, discontinued products that people overpay for nowadays because they can't get them new? Should we ban all of them as well?

You're clearly misunderstanding the point of my post by making the above comparison so just let it go. You don't agree, that's fine.

What about all the other rare, discontinued products that people overpay for nowadays because they can't get them new? Should we ban all of them as well?

You're clearly misunderstanding the point of my post by making the above comparison so just let it go. You don't agree, that's fine.

My_Brains_Full!_std.317141805My%20Brain%27s%20Full!

As in the John Grado family? Or the John Grado family of custom headphones that sound good with bowls that don't drill your ears with piercing treble?

I'd say the second. Funnily enough a couple of friends came to my place two days ago and we were comparing the PS1 to the HF2, using the B22 and the Gilmore Reference.

The HF2 with bowls on the Gilmore sounded with way less bass and impact than the PS1. Not bad, but not great either. Then using flats both came much similar. OTOH when moved on to the B22, the HF2 with flats to my ears became plainly unlistenable. Too much bass for my taste, and what's worse, muddy and tending to distorting. Moving to bowls, things fell into place and the things sounded damn good again, not PS1, they just lack the last bit of resolution, midrange warmth and treble delicacy, but to my ears, much more enjoyable than any other John Grado I've tried before. They even can sound a bit more open, I mean for stage width, than the PS1. Both are rather flat sounding though, at least compared to HD800, O2 and R10. To each one his own :rolleyes:

Just called Todd the Magnanimous and told him to hold my HF2s until the first week of August, since I'll be at the Biodome in Montreal when mine would have been delivered next week.

Two by two, balls of blue.

When did you order your's ? Just to give me some idea about mine. I ordered mine on the 30th May.

When did you order your's ? Just to give me some idea about mine. I ordered mine on the 30th May.

Ordered the same day, first thing in the morning. Todd said mine were set to go out on what would have been yesterday, so yours should definitely be in the next batch if they didn't ship out yet.

Todd did say there was a snag with some of his shipping last week (I didn't press for clarification since he seemed a bit less chipper than normal) so maybe the stuff that was supposed to go out yesterday was pushed to next week. Or maybe I misheard what he was saying; he was a bit frazzled-sounding.

Ordered the same day, first thing in the morning. Todd said mine were set to go out on what would have been yesterday, so yours should definitely be in the next batch if they didn't ship out yet.

Todd did say there was a snag with some of his shipping last week (I didn't press for clarification since he seemed a bit less chipper than normal) so maybe the stuff that was supposed to go out yesterday was pushed to next week. Or maybe I misheard what he was saying; he was a bit frazzled-sounding.

Cheer's for the info, but still heard nothing about mine. Hopefully this week !!!!