Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

I have actually been listening to the woodied HF-1s more than the HF-2 lately but I don't really see selling them unless I get a big offer for the matching pair.

I like the HF-2s and definitely think they do many things very well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here like the HF-1 better than the HF-2? I've never gotten the chance to A-B them but I will when I get my HF-2 back in a few days. I'm listening to my HF-1/flats right now and I don't remember enjoying the HF-2/bowls this much and I can't stand HF-2s with flats as they make them a bit bloated IMO. Perhaps the comfort/weight of the HF-1 with flats is what's making me enjoy these!

• 3 weeks later...
That sale annoys me, as my pair arrived with dents, so as much as I understand Todd gets a lot of respect, I have to wonder how my pair got out the door in the first place. Maybe they weren't dented enough to be called B-stock? :chair:

Mine had a pretty good nick in them, but they sounded great. I talked to Todd about it and he said JG would fix them. I was worried I would get another set that may sound different so I just blew it off, especially since there are few perfect Grados in the wild, I just figured it wouldn't be a big deal, all in all. . I'll bet that if you had returned yours that they would be in this lot as well.

I don't think they inspected them before they went out the door. Todd handling 500 pairs, no way he looked at them. QC should have been done at the factory anyway, and we know that doesn't really happen. I had to send my GS1000s to them 4 times to get them fixed. JG is a pleasant enough guy to talk to, but their QC blows.