Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a freaking awesome deal for the HF-2. If I was Todd I'd be selling them for like $20 off, not over a hundred.

Been listening to my HF-2 a lot lately. I let my friend borrow them for a few weeks, was kind of a nice way to see how much I missed them when they were gone. :) I moved the CDP-2 into the headphone rig temporarily, so awesome the effect a source upgrade has.

I'm way late to the party but here's a musing from a new HF-2 owner, had them about a week now. They make everything in the music sound good, which is incredible. The vocals are so much better than the K702, full and rich whereas K702 is very airy. I find myself grooving to just about every part of the music. But the strange thing is songs where I used to have a Wow moment... I don't seem to get those as much with the HF2. I can actually get that on my K702 more I would say. I think it might be because the HF2 makes everything sound so good, that the parts that are supposed to be noticeably better and amazing aren't anymore.

I'm still really pleased with my purchase and low volume level listening is great. I'm still getting used to the comfort, how do you guys wear them? I try to put all parts of the outside cup so they rest on my ear, which works for about an hour... then it really starts to hurt! The problem is I usually don't take them off at that point since I'm enjoying myself so much... so by the end of it my ears really hurt. I'm hoping that my ears will harden and I'll be able to listen to these for long periods of time with no discomfort.

I'm still really pleased with my purchase and low volume level listening is great. I'm still getting used to the comfort, how do you guys wear them? I try to put all parts of the outside cup so they rest on my ear, which works for about an hour... then it really starts to hurt! The problem is I usually don't take them off at that point since I'm enjoying myself so much... so by the end of it my ears really hurt. I'm hoping that my ears will harden and I'll be able to listen to these for long periods of time with no discomfort.

The first 2 weeks or so were painful since the can was heavy and the pads were hard. After two sessions of pad-washing and burning in the pads with oil from my follicles, I can wear it for hours now.

If you wear glasses, prop them on top of the pads.

30 pages of posts in Todd's forum thread. :palm:

I called and talked to Todd to see if he was taking phone orders due to the internet traffic killing his site. I didn't think he would, which I undertand. He feels awful about the whole thing. I told him not to as it wasn't anything he could control.

I can't beleive some of the fucking idiots slamming Todd on the HF-2 thread.