Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well...gives me a reason to open mine:)...finally listened to a pair at CanJam & was most pleased...they're not my favorite Grados, but for the price they're very, very impressive...

I heard a pair at CJ as well and they are indeed impressive, for a John Grado. Probably the best John Grado I've heard. Still not worth owning, for me, especially since I couldn't get it to sit right on my ears. I think the one I tried had bowls.

That's exactly what makes it impressive for a John Grado, it doesn't have huge treble spikes or a 10dB bass hump. Or both.

What did you think of the treble extension on the HF-2? The times I heard them I thought it was very poor. It's true they aren't peaky which is nice. I also like the MS-2i over the HF-2.

What did you think of the treble extension on the HF-2? The times I heard them I thought it was very poor. It's true they aren't peaky which is nice. I also like the MS-2i over the HF-2.

Wasn't paying too much attention to treble extension when I listened. I think I heard it on Doug's prototype loooooooooong amp, and was busy playing around with the output impedance switch. That was fun.:D I definitely want to try the MS-2i and MS-Pro.

I like HF-2 as much as RS1 honestly, I think it is even more musical than RS1 although HF-2 doesn't extend as high as RS1, I've owned MS2i for two times and I've demoed MS-Pro for an extend period, I think they're cold sounding compared to Grados.

• 2 weeks later...
Unneccessarily harsh? Headphones don't have feelings. Everything's going to be ok.

My headphones have feelings, and you just hurt all of them.

Do you have any idea how long its going to take to console them? I can see my HD800 and R10 crying on each others shoulders in the corner now. Its terrible. Grados are manly headphones so they dont cry, but I can see them holding it back. The Stax collection is donning its samurai garb to defend the honor of their family.