Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to spoil all the fun but... I finally got to hear the HF2 tonight, and while it's better than most other Grados I've heard it still has that shouty quality I dislike about most Grados. Any attempt at raising the volume made me wince a little. I'm definitely not a Grado guy. Nice to actually give them a whirl though. My fave is still the HF2.

Sorry to spoil all the fun but... I finally got to hear the HF2 tonight, and while it's better than most other Grados I've heard it still has that shouty quality I dislike about most Grados. Any attempt at raising the volume made me wince a little. I'm definitely not a Grado guy. Nice to actually give them a whirl though. My fave is still the HF2.

I agree, it's a good phone but still has some issues. In comparing them side by side with the HP-1000 I definitely preferred the HP-1000, which I wish I hadn't sold...

Strangely I'm noticing a similar quality in my Smegma Pro, which has me thinking about selling those. Did you ever hear that with yours?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

anybody recently studied the market for HF-2 to see what they are fetching? Hard to tell judging by the HF for sale forums, though I am watching to see how vcoheda audiogon auction wraps up.

Thinking of selling mine to cover the Oppo purchase, and I do all my headphone listening on the PS1000 now anyhow.

anybody recently studied the market for HF-2 to see what they are fetching? Hard to tell judging by the HF for sale forums, though I am watching to see how vcoheda audiogon auction wraps up.

Thinking of selling mine to cover the Oppo purchase, and I do all my headphone listening on the PS1000 now anyhow.

I believe its going for 450$ and the b stock 350$.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...