CanJam 2009 Impressions, Pics, Parties, etc...

Asr

I haven't had exactly the warmest impression of Monster since this episode...

Blue Jeans Cable Strikes Back - Response to Monster Cable — Reviews and News from Audioholics

Funnier than all get out that that the victim turned out to be an ex-IP lawyer.

But not really so funny. A buddy of mine was put out of business by a frivolous IP lawsuit. If you're little, you're vulnerable to bullies.

-Carl

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The host city will have to have a large local contingent to pull off a third day (IMO at least). For those of us that do LD travel for these meets it's a constant battle between time off and time at the meet and I for one know that selling my wife on the idea of being gone for 4 to 5 days at a headphone meet is NEVER going to fly unless the meet was in Boston.

And FWIW I don't happen to think that Boston could pull it off without a major overhaul of the local community. Shit, we haven't pulled off a local meet in almost two years.

Shit, we haven't pulled off a local meet in almost two years.

If interested, I could make a few phone calls; however, seems like so much more work than our excellent mini-meet group, which includes better equipment on the whole.

I haven't had exactly the warmest impression of Monster since this episode...

Blue Jeans Cable Strikes Back - Response to Monster Cable — Reviews and News from Audioholics

Funnier than all get out that that the victim turned out to be an ex-IP lawyer.

But not really so funny. A buddy of mine was put out of business by a frivolous IP lawsuit. If you're little, you're vulnerable to bullies.

-Carl

I forgot about this, makes me wonder if part of their business at CanJam with the large entourage was scouting for new targets

Monster Cable CanJam presented by Pepsi?

how about "THE MONSTER HEADPHONE EVENT OF THE CENTURY! FEATURING MONSTER CABLE AND PRESENTED BY MONSTER CABLE!! (and some smaller audio companies We will sue later on afterwards)"

the highlights of the Event could be

Saturday 11am-5pm: is "the life of Noel Lee, from 1978 to the Segway!" (all Vendors and Attendees must attend or your getting sued!)

Saturday 5:15pm-5:20pm is ALL YOU CAN EAT DINER paid by Monster Cable for all attendees who agree to trade their soul for free food. all vendors must meet with Monster Cables attorneys to sign a cease and desist letter at these times.

all Vendor and head fi member rooms close at 5:21pm on Saturday

Sunday 11am-5pm: all attendees must help Monster pack up two pallets of shit they brought to the event

Sunday 5pm-9pm: all attendees must help Monster distribute the shit to best buy stores within a 50 mile radius of the event.

from 11am-9pm all vendors must collect and hand over their first born son, deed to any and all property, any and all car titles, any equipment used to manufacture, and all designs and technical paperwork of previous and future products to MONSTER!!!!

how about "THE MONSTER HEADPHONE EVENT OF THE CENTURY! FEATURING MONSTER CABLE AND PRESENTED BY MONSTER CABLE!! (and some smaller audio companies We will sue later on afterwards)"

Saturday 11am-5pm: is "the life of Noel Lee, from 1978 to the Segway!" (all Vendors and Attendees must attend or your getting sued!)

Saturday 5:15pm-5:20pm is ALL YOU CAN EAT DINER paid by Monster Cable for all attendees who agree to trade their soul for free food. all vendors must meet with Monster Cables attorneys to sign a cease and desist letter at these times.

Sunday 11am-5pm: all attendees must help Monster pack up two pallets of shit they brought to the event

Sunday 5pm-9pm: all attendees must help Monster distribute the shit to best buy stores within a 50 mile radius of the event.

from 11am-9pm all vendors must collect and hand over their first born son, deed to any and all property, any and all car titles, any equipment used to manufacture, and all designs and technical paperwork of previous and future products to MONSTER!!!!

Squeeze in a hot dog lunch in there somewhere and you have the makings of a good meat.

I forgot about this, makes me wonder if part of their business at CanJam with the large entourage was scouting for new targets

I for one can tell you they were definitely scouting, though I doubt for litigation targets.

how about "THE MONSTER HEADPHONE EVENT OF THE CENTURY! FEATURING MONSTER CABLE AND PRESENTED BY MONSTER CABLE!! (and some smaller audio companies We will sue later on afterwords)"

Saturday AM-PM: is "the life of Noel Lee, from 1978 to the Seaway!" (all Vendors and Attendees must attend or your getting sued!)

Saturday 5:PM-5:20pm is ALL YOU CAN EAT DINER paid by Monster Cable for all attendees who agree to trade their soul for free food. all vendors must meet with Monster Cables attorneys to sign a cease and desist letter at these times.

Sunday AM-PM: all attendees must help Monster pack up two pallets of shit they brought to the event

Sunday PM-9pm: all attendees must help Monster distribute the shit to best buy stores within a 50 mile radius of the event.

from AM-9pm all vendors must collect and hand over their first born son, deed to any and all property, any and all car titles, any equipment used to manufacture, and all designs and technical paperwork of previous and future products to MONSTER!!!!

That's pretty damn funny! Who ghosted that for you? ;)

:) No just all the strange emails that went back and forth while booking them for their two tables. It;s my understanding that there were more "bargaining" negotiating and email traffic with this one vendor than for any three other attending vendors combined.

Given your experience, I would think you develop a sense after a while that it is not the specific question asked, but the pattern to their questions which points to their intentions. The staff appears to be highly compartmentalized, not sure if it is done intentionally or bad management, but when you have different managers asking the same type of questions a pattern seems to develop.

Edited by Augsburger

why did my name show up as Bhutto in in the quotes?

""Bhutto, Zulfikar Ali 1928-1979.

Pakistani politician who formed the Pakistan People's Party (1967) and became president (1971) and prime minister (1973). In 1977 he was deposed by a coup d'

And then there was a certain [don't want to be sued] individual and his treatment of the cafe hostess who resisted seating his entourage after closing.

Could someone remind me who was the guy selling Blu-ray audio discs (had Smyth tech at booth)?

I don't see why the Monster guy would ever come to our Montreal meets, but I know for sure I personally wouldn't allow anyone with a Segway to drive into a room full of fragile and expensive audio stuff. Will I get sued for saying that? :eek:

Let's see. You are "HeadAmp" and monsters have heads. Uh oh. :eek:

I vote for banning monster cable from attending all future CanJam's.

But not their sponsor money.