JH Audio stuffs

atothex

One would think...

And how does one describe which ear the impression is for, once one gets beyond, say, 4 ears. Draw a picture and circle? "That one"? I guess it depends on how they're arranged. "With the impressionee facing 12 o'clock, this is for the lower one at 7:30."

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Well, it's hard to compare the JH13Pro to a current full size headphone because I'm not sure one exists to compare to the JH13Pro. Maybe it's more like an O2 but on a KGBHSE maybe, without the "roll off, laid back or e-stat sound" you speak of (see quote). I can easily compare the ES3X to an HD800 or HP-1000, or the UE11pro to a PS-1 or modded D5000/7000 (better than Edition 9), but I'm almost at a loss about the JF13Pro = x full size phone.

I have briefly heard R10 and HE90 and don't have enough experience to say if that would be a match. I think the JH13Pro are more transparent and not at all "closed can" sounding like the R10 occasionally sounded in the mid-bass. I think the JH13pro bass is better defined than the HE90. So...

I just read this from Larry over yonder and am having trouble believing it.

I know these things are good, but as good or better than the OII/KGBHSE combo? Seriously!? Come on now.

I switched from the ipod or macbook/pico, and tried out my Exemplar Denon 2900 and Denon DCP100>pico>JH13s. Anyone want to mess with your head? Go get a K2 HD cd. These JH13s are like drugs.

I see why John is really starting to think about building a home rig around these. Though I think the Pico Slim would be an amazing little amp, based on my short audition with it and my 11s at CanJam, the JH13s respond so well to source changes, I'm thinking more that direction first.

I switched from the ipod or macbook/pico, and tried out my Exemplar Denon 2900 and Denon DCP100>pico>JH13s. Anyone want to mess with your head? Go get a K2 HD cd. These JH13s are like drugs.

So now you can understand why I was running around CanJam like a crazed addict talking about them? I knew they were a game-changer, not long after I pressed play that afternoon!

I see why John is really starting to think about building a home rig around these. Though I think the Pico Slim would be an amazing little amp, based on my short audition with it and my 11s at CanJam, the JH13s respond so well to source changes, I'm thinking more that direction first.

Yes! JH13 plus high-end source plus fast, transparent amp with Pico Slim volume control FTW!

I just read this from Larry over yonder and am having trouble believing it.

I know these things are good, but as good or better than the OII/KGBHSE combo? Seriously!? Come on now.

I didn't say better than O2 Mk1/KGBHSE, I thought they are on a similar level. I've spent more time with the JH13Pro and I clearly now prefer the JH13Pro with Pico DAC/Amphora over my O2 Mk1/GES combo. I actually think with the existing power levels of the GES that the HE Audio Jade work/sound better with the GES than the O2 Mk1. I think the Mk2 were a little easier to drive, but not as neutral sounding.

I MUST get a more powerful stat amp someday. In the meantime, I will likely grab my JH13Pro before I go for my Stax O2.

Right now, the only headphones I may prefer over the JH13s are R10s, Omegas, O2 MK1s, and HE90s.

Vicki, has fallen under the spell of the JH13s !!!!!

Mine are at JH HQ getting redone man I hope I get them back next week. Jerry is working his ass off to get these out.

I'm glad to hear your enjoying them Vicki. Do you find them to be significantly better out of your Denon+pico than straight out of your pico?

I'm still waiting on mine to get back to me. Adam told me that mine were shipped out Wed. morning but that he couldn't remember if they overnighted them or sent them 2-day. Here it is Saturday night and yet I still don't have them :(. I hope they weren't lost.

OK, this is getting a bit ridiculous. I've been told that I can expect to hear a real benefit from going with a good amp/dac. However, the more I listen to these things straight out of my Zune 120, the more I think that there's no way it can get any better and that you're all a bunch of liars.

LIARS I SAY!:eek: