JH Audio stuffs

atothex

A girl from work saw me reading this thread during lunch time, and asked "why do you visit that forum so often?"

I explained to her my whole obsession with headphones. She approved as she said she shares the same guilt with fashion. Anyhow, she then proceeded to ask me what specific thread I was reading, and I mentioned all things and comments about the JH13.

"Are you getting them?" She asked.

"No. Not yet at least. My gut feeling tells me to hold off till I get a new amp, then get these."

"Hmmm. And everyone says they are better than everything else out there?" She asked again.

"Pretty much, yes."

"Hmmm..." she looked at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"From my experience, I think you need a new gut."

=/

What, and you didn't ask her out? That was your opening right there! ;)

Ok, I've gone and done it and it's all your fault! Picked up a used Pico today.

Should have it by the weekend, and it better be worth it or you guys (and gal) are in big trouble.;)

Ok, so you weren't joking! Definitely a significant improvement I've noticed after a brief listen.

Unfortunately, I'm having a problem that I think is with my laptop. It's causing intermittent static. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, different USB cable and each port with no improvement.

Any suggestions?

Ok, so you weren't joking! Definitely a significant improvement I've noticed after a brief listen.

Unfortunately, I'm having a problem that I think is with my laptop. It's causing intermittent static. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, different USB cable and each port with no improvement.

Any suggestions?

Are you sure it's static and not dropout-pops? If it might be dropouts, try disabling your wireless card.

Have you tried it on both battery power and plugged into AC Adapter?

Although, AC Adapter would probably only introduce a ground loop buzz.

-Ed

Not yet, will give that a shot next.

I've found that dropout-pops are often caused by wireless cards, but there are other possibilities. You can try downloading and running this program:

DPC Latency Checker

If the static/pops coincide with big spikes in the DPC latency, it's probably a latency issue.

Doesn't appear to be a correlation.

I've found that dropout-pops are often caused by wireless cards, but there are other possibilities. You can try downloading and running this program:

DPC Latency Checker

If the static/pops coincide with big spikes in the DPC latency, it's probably a latency issue.

Well, now I'm thinking you might be right. While it didn't appear that the static always coincided with the latency drops, my desktop shows absolutely no latency issues, while the latency on my laptop is quite frequent.

I've tried disabling the drivers on anything that might cause the problem, but haven't found the answer yet.

Any suggestions?