JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I have the JH13 hooked up to my temporary rig of the moment, the Luxman P200 from the Plinius CD-101. Now I understand why Peter sold his L3000 for the JH13. :D Zomg these are even moar amazing than they already were out of my mere DAP. The level of sound quality out of these is absolutely unreal. I'm not sure I could personally give up both my AD2000 and Qualia in favor of the JH13 though, as those two offer a few things the JH13 doesn't, but damn is this amazing. The bass is ridiculously powerful (moreso than my Klipsch X10) and it still maintains clarity over the rest of the frequency spectrum. :o

I'm not sure I could personally give up both my AD2000 and Qualia in favor of the JH13 though, as those two offer a few things the JH13 doesn't, but damn is this amazing. The bass is ridiculously powerful (moreso than my Klipsch X10) and it still maintains clarity over the rest of the frequency spectrum. :o

Like what? Over yonder these things can apparently do no wrong and make people want to sell their Orpheus.

AD2000 - bass is snappier (also possibly more extension - not sure about that though, would have to listen more), more mid-range x-factor (can't really explain more on that, too subjective), and more treble tilt. Definitely "whacks" more insistently too (always an amazing effect on anything percussive).

Qualia - dramatic overall treble tilt relative to JH13 so everything sounds brighter, clearer, etc. I'm in the minority but I personally like hearing high-frequency glossing, sheening, ringing, etc, particularly on anything metallic (zomg) and the Qualia perfectly captures those. I always feel like the Qualia digs its "claws" into the treble with perfectly clean lines. Alison Krauss & Union Station for example is always an absolutely amazing listen on the Qualia, in fact I only listen to AKUS with the Qualia. The Qualia does justice to the speed and twangs of the banjo, steel guitar, etc.

Well, now I'm thinking you might be right. While it didn't appear that the static always coincided with the latency drops, my desktop shows absolutely no latency issues, while the latency on my laptop is quite frequent.

I've tried disabling the drivers on anything that might cause the problem, but haven't found the answer yet.

Any suggestions?

Back when I used Trend Micro PC-cillin (came with my laptop :palm:) as my antivirus program, it was giving me problems with DPC latency. Now I'm using McAfee with my sister's multi-user license, and it does much less damage to the latency. Next time you have the problem, you can try disconnecting the internet and turning off the antivirus to see if things get better.

Other programs/drivers/devices might be factors too, and it also depends on the hardware specs, operating system, "power options" settings, etc. Once in a while I still get big latency spikes, but it doesn't happen often enough to bother me too much.

If it is a latency problem, increasing buffer sizes and tweaking thread priority settings might also improve things. Of course, if it's not a latency problem, none of this will help. :P

Didn't help.

Just in case it is interference from the power lines, you can try running off battery power for both the Pico and the laptop. This way, everything would be battery powered. You might have to change the power settings so that you don't get reduced processor speeds, which might cause latency problems.

You can also try removing other USB/Firewire devices if there's any attached.

ok finally figured out a correlation. My PC is a touchscreen tablet and whenever I touch the screen with my finger, l get static. No static when I use the pen though.

It's very strange though that this doesn't happen in the basement.

Is there carpet in the basement?

It might be static electricity if you're touching the screen with your finger and on carpet.

20090803-_MG_7051.jpg?t=1249308902

20090803-_MG_7053.jpg?t=1249308903

The right fits perfectly. The left seems to go a bit too deep, but I'm going to give a bit of time for me to adjust. Wearing it normally, its fine. However, the slightest pressure causes a bit of pain. I'm not sure if its hitting the eardrum, but its damn close. Funny, I was worried about the right ear hitting the eardrum, because that is the thick one.

I haven't spent much time yet, but initially I am very happy, especially with the bass response. That was the major gain I wanted, when compared to the er6i.

For $400, I'm pretty pleased. I may elaborate more when I am more familiar with them.

sounds nice. i'd like a pair of customs too but i just don't think i can drop even $400 for a pair.