JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Jerry is sending me the demos of the 13, 11, and 10x3 for this weekend's meet in San Fran, so get on over there if you'd like to hear them.

;)

always thought i read somewhere that the lifespan of customs isn't that great.

That is certainly true AFAIK of the Sensa-style soft customs. For these acrylic ones, I don't see why they should have any worse (if not a better) life expectancy than universal IEM's. Even if they only lasted say, 4 years, you're only talking about $100 a year for great sound ;)

I know a couple of people who have owned UE10's for over 5 years, and they are still working fine FWIW.

That is certainly true AFAIK of the Sensa-style soft customs. For these acrylic ones, I don't see why they should have any worse (if not a better) life expectancy than universal IEM's. Even if they only lasted say, 4 years, you're only talking about $100 a year for great sound ;)

I know a couple of people who have owned UE10's for over 5 years, and they are still working fine FWIW.

Thanks for the info Peter. The thing that attracts me the most to customs is obviously the comfort level, as I can't stand most universal IEMs after an hour or so. I may look further into this, not sure yet.

Been reading this forum and the other one for years..sold my higher end headphones off a bit ago (HF-1, RS-2, W5000, K340) and amp (M^3) to buy a bass guitar amp. but all the impressions as of late on the JH13s makes me want to throw my bass amp on the block and give them a go. I'm tired of muddling around with middle ground gear and want to take it to the next level. Good idea?

Been reading this forum and the other one for years..sold my higher end headphones off a bit ago (HF-1, RS-2, W5000, K340) and amp (M^3) to buy a bass guitar amp. but all the impressions as of late on the JH13s makes me want to throw my bass amp on the block and give them a go. I'm tired of muddling around with middle ground gear and want to take it to the next level. Good idea?

It's an excellent idea. ;D

I think I'm gonna dew eet. I'm gonna try to make it up to the NorCal meet on Saturday..(not sure how those things work..invite only? "newbs" allowed?) and check out the universal. It's my birthday on Friday..and I've never been to a meet..would be a really neat experience.

I think I'm gonna dew eet. I'm gonna try to make it up to the NorCal meet on Saturday..(not sure how those things work..invite only? "newbs" allowed?) and check out the universal. It's my birthday on Friday..and I've never been to a meet..would be a really neat experience.

No problem, just bring some fivers to tip the doorman to make sure you get a good seat. ;) Let the fun begin.

Awesome..I'm gonna do everything I can to try and make it. Is there some sort of nursery to drop off girlfriends in? :D

You are definitely welcome at the meet. They are definitely not invite only. And the ones that are, well, you'd only know about it if you had an invite ;)

Awesome..I'm gonna do everything I can to try and make it. Is there some sort of nursery to drop off girlfriends in? :D

My wife will be there and she's from Bakersfield. So your girlfriend could do something with her. Of course, she can't mind spending time with a 39+ year old. :D

Grahame, maybe you could talk Joanne into coming? Stacy would like the company and hopefully Joanne would enjoy it.

Ok, I’ve had mine for just under two weeks now. Yes, they are amazingly good. They go as high and low as I can hear. They are indeed the most neutral headphones I’ve ever heard, which is exactly what I want for mixing and monitoring.

The thing that really surprised me though, was when I started hearing details that I hadn’t before noticed on my K1000 Beta22 setup. Despite the hyped treble of the K1000s, tiny textures are even more evident on the 13s. And they resolve separate instruments during complex passages that my K1000 setup can’t quite handle.

Until Sony decides to make a successor to the Qualia, or Stax makes a new flagship pair that’s a whole hell of a lot more efficient than the O2s, I don’t know that I’ll have any reason to get a new pair of full sized headphones.

My wife will be there and she's from Bakersfield. So your girlfriend could do something with her. Of course, she can't mind spending time with a 39+ year old. :D

Grahame, maybe you could talk Joanne into coming? Stacy would like the company and hopefully Joanne would enjoy it.

I'll suggest that to Joanne. Will let you and Stacy know she is amenable to the idea. I know Fry's and In-n-Out are not too far away :) maybe they can think of some other locations.

I'm having to send back my JH13 for a minor refit for my right ear. I'm going to go through withdrawal. :( When the fit is perfect, I don't think it would be too crazy to get another JH13 as a back up. They are seriously THAT awesome.

On a different note, I have been working with a good friend of mine that is car designer for Daimler Chysler to finalize the design of the JH Audio Portable Carrying case.

I chatted with Jerry yesterday, and he said it would be OK if I "leaked" a few images to get some feedback from some of you. I figured Head-Case would be a good place to start in it's early stages.

It's basically inspired off of high end cigarette lighters. If you are at all familiar with Ultimate Ears new Super.Fi line and it's new plastic carry case, This is basically a big, ultimate high end version of that. I'll resize my concept sketches and post them later, but the upper lid would have a plastic insert that holds the 3.5mm plug (to keep it from rubbing up against the ear pieces) and possibly the cleaning tool.

We are initially speccing it out to be Carbon Fiber with a metal lip and hinge assembly (for the hell of it, we asked what it would cost to make it titanium, but I know it will be way too expensive.) The inside would be lined with some sort of softer finish or cloth of some sort.

Because this case is going to be quite expensive to produce, in the future, JH Audio will probably only include this small carry case with the JH Pro Audio customs, and offer the Big Carbon Fiber case for purchase separately. Or perhaps maybe customer's choice.

-Ed

post-27-12951154792111_thumb.jpg