JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I am sitting here in a very boring Joint Terrorism Task Force meeting trying to come up with an interesting graphic but I have no artistic skills so I will go with a translucent Red.

At least your meetings sound cool.

I recommend telling the folks at JH Audio to make sure that the red is dark enough. I think the lighter reds get a little pinkish.

And now you should stand up on your chair and start chanting, "USA! USA!" Your colleagues will like that.

I would skip artwork at this point unless it is very simple to implement by hand with a little paintbrush. They should have the printing capability pretty soon though. I am happy with the red color but I am going to ask them to re-do the glittery silver in black or just wait and see if they can print my actual design later.

I am enjoying the hell out of the JH13s as I type on the plane. Kaki King is truly stunning on these things with the TTVJ portable amp, Vicki. Wow.

Justin's color choice?

COLOURlovers :: Color / DBB193 / buff

I was thinking about a 75% smoke black with black and/or silver dragons (simple design, it's being worked on). Now I'm thinking something like delphinblau (dolphin gray, BMW and Audi guys know this color).

If I wind up with JH5s instead, the magenta/black cable glow ones were hot. Translucent dark gray sounds really good right now, too.

Bah... stupid awesome bloody headphones making me want to clear out everything audio wise...

**BRENT**

Justin's color choice?

COLOURlovers :: Color / DBB193 / buff

I was thinking about a 75% smoke black with black and/or silver dragons (simple design, it's being worked on). Now I'm thinking something like delphinblau (dolphin gray, BMW and Audi guys know this color).

If I wind up with JH5s instead, the magenta/black cable glow ones were hot. Translucent dark gray sounds really good right now, too.

Bah... stupid awesome bloody headphones making me want to clear out everything audio wise...

**BRENT**

The magenta looked great on you.

Someone on hf posted a pic of a light gray pair he got. They didn't look good at all.

You know, I'm really wishing someone would post something else in the portable forum so I wouldn't see "JH Audio stuffs" on the main page all the time. I'm finding it hard/annoying to listen to anything else after my time with the unis last weekend. Bah. Really need to find a way... I also need to go find that pic of the light grey ones.

And when is someone who's trustworthy gonna get JH5s to compare to their JH13s? I need to know if I should save up or sell. Boys? Girl? (You know who you are, you basterds.)

**BRENT**

The only custom I have that has any visible artwork is the Sleek CT6. My FitEar Private 333 has a graphic, but due to the outer headphone jack, it is printed on the inside. Lovely earphone by the way.

One thing I don't appreciate about the JH13Pro is that the 'technology' used to make sound exactly the same is the incredibly long sound tube. It is fine, but I feel closed in. On the other hand, FitEars Private 333 is slightly too short and thus, much less isolating. In the end, I hope it won't come down to marketing which will win the SQ wars between customs. But, probably marketing will win out.

Finally got the latest refit today. I can tell they had the ear piece shells SLA'd this time, unlike the last time, which they were definitely UV bath cured. The Left side blue color is a lighter sky blue rather than the dark blue of the previous one. Also the shell has a lightly more satin finish to it, not as clear polished with the standard UV bath cured version JH Audio can make in house (for rush orders).

It fits much better, going to have to give it a bit of time to see how comfortable it is for long term use. Seems to be the same as the first pair, only the right side is better.

Of course, as you all already know, JH Audio can't take two steps forward without taking a step back. The artwork was not correct this time. They did a thin outline rather than the solid white. Oh well, close enough I'm leaving it alone for fear they'll mess up something worse.

Also. my new JH13's have been eating out a lot. The ear pieces are significantly thicker (as in the top half sticks out more). It's nearly twice as thick as the first one. There is so much empty space in there, there's no need for it to be that big. I liked how low profile the original one was. I could lie down on my side, and not really feel the ear pieces being pushed in. The only bonus is that it makes it a bit easier to remove.

In my final review, the biggest negative I'll have to post about is the inconsistent QC, and the below average quality of custom artwork. Definitely not worth paying for custom artwork until they get that new printer in eventually. My advice for custom art, is make sure it's very few solid colors, very simple, and it's best to submit vector graphics file. If you are very picky about artwork, just avoid it for now.

Fortunately, JH Audio's customer service has a "will get it perfect" policy. Unfortunately that can take awhile (3 months for me), but they'll get there I guess. Honestly, if they didn't sound so awesome, it wouldn't be worth the effort. But in the end, it's all about the sound, right?

-Ed

Finally got the latest refit today. I can tell they had the ear piece shells SLA'd this time, unlike the last time, which they were definitely UV bath cured. The Left side blue color is a lighter sky blue rather than the dark blue of the previous one. Also the shell has a lightly more satin finish to it, not as clear polished with the standard UV bath cured version JH Audio can make in house (for rush orders).

It fits much better, going to have to give it a bit of time to see how comfortable it is for long term use. Seems to be the same as the first pair, only the right side is better.

Of course, as you all already know, JH Audio can't take two steps forward without taking a step back. The artwork was not correct this time. They did a thin outline rather than the solid white. Oh well, close enough I'm leaving it alone for fear they'll mess up something worse.

Also. my new JH13's have been eating out a lot. The ear pieces are significantly thicker (as in the top half sticks out more). It's nearly twice as thick as the first one. There is so much empty space in there, there's no need for it to be that big. I liked how low profile the original one was. I could lie down on my side, and not really feel the ear pieces being pushed in. The only bonus is that it makes it a bit easier to remove.

In my final review, the biggest negative I'll have to post about is the inconsistent QC, and the below average quality of custom artwork. Definitely not worth paying for custom artwork until they get that new printer in eventually. My advice for custom art, is make sure it's very few solid colors, very simple, and it's best to submit vector graphics file. If you are very picky about artwork, just avoid it for now.

Fortunately, JH Audio's customer service has a "will get it perfect" policy. Unfortunately that can take awhile (3 months for me), but they'll get there I guess. Honestly, if they didn't sound so awesome, it wouldn't be worth the effort. But in the end, it's all about the sound, right?

-Ed

Can we trouble you for pics? Thanks!

Mine developed a problem at DanJam. A driver on one side came loss and if you shook the ear piece you could hear the driver move inside. I sent it back to JH Audio and just got them back. These appear a bit more refined in the finish which I think may be what Ed was referring to. They could be a bit bigger as well and definitely fit better. I was having a slight fit problem on the left that was not enough to send back for that reason alone but I did mention it to them when I sent them back. Now the fit perfect (at the moment). The only problem is my artwork is gone.:confused: I will give them a call tomorrow to find out what happened.