JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Just received my JH13's today. Listening to them using my iPod as I type this - damn, they sound good.

Have you started commissioning your balanced amp and cable setup yet? Watch for the RK50 group buy.

Seriously though, is the sound blowing your skirt up the way you expected? I'm still looking for impressions on front-end components; awaiting the JH-13 approved DAC thread.

Have you started commissioning your balanced amp and cable setup yet? Watch for the RK50 group buy.

Seriously though, is the sound blowing your skirt up the way you expected? I'm still looking for impressions on front-end components; awaiting the JH-13 approved DAC thread.

Let's just say that I'm not missing the headphone rigs I sold to get this and I'm enjoying it about as much as my speaker rig - the convenience factor really cannot be overstated.

I'd like to try them out with the Pico Slim, as I do get hiss from both iPod and the built-in amp on Duet and the lack of range in volume is bit annoying.

Slightly less specific, but also working on a retina display of its own is NEC, which apparently hopes to incorporate a microphone into their display and use it as a real-time translation device that would quite literally display subtitles as you talk to someone."
Sick... then you can "talk" to anyone in the world, depending on the abilities of the translating software, and depending on your own (and their) literacy.:P

Sick... then you can "talk" to anyone in the world, depending on the abilities of the translating software, and depending on your own (and their) literacy.:P
Sick person…Then " It is possible; talk" With the ability of the translation software of the world, and your monopolized ones (and) with reading and writing ability with in who.
Not a good example, but it will also depend on the ability of the two parties not to get offended.

Suffice it to say: remain skeptical, I do.

"The JH 13 Pro's superthin cable didn't make any noise when it rubbed against my clothing, and it wasn't prone to tangling and it is user replaceable. That's not the case with any standard, universal fit in-ear headphone I know of; when those cables break, you either toss the 'phone, or pay for a repair."

It at least used to be the case with the Ultimate Ear's super.fi or triple.fi lineup. Though I read recently I believe that they are doing away with the replaceable cables on their models.

"I think you can expect to get at least 10 years of use out of the JH 13 Pros."

Oh, I wouldn't go so far as to say that with customs.

Why wouldn't they last ten years? Ears don't change that much on the inside once you're fully grown (although the outer ear grows all your life). Besides, if you've got a custom IEM in all the time for ten years it'll probably have a preventitive effect on any contraction of the canal.

In speaking with an audiologist, after you mature, and to some extent when close to maturity, it's actually weight gain that has the greatest impact on your ear canals. Perhaps not 100% accurate, but if customs are feeling tight, maybe skip the donuts?

My customs still fit the same and sound great after 4+ years.

I'd read elsewhere that custom armatures, especially the high frequency models, are susceptible to shock damage. Perhaps having them knocking around in a non-padded case is more an issue for relative longevity.

"The JH 13 Pro's superthin cable didn't make any noise when it rubbed against my clothing, and it wasn't prone to tangling and it is user replaceable. That's not the case with any standard, universal fit in-ear headphone I know of; when those cables break, you either toss the 'phone, or pay for a repair."

It at least used to be the case with the Ultimate Ear's super.fi or triple.fi lineup. Though I read recently I believe that they are doing away with the replaceable cables on their models.

"I think you can expect to get at least 10 years of use out of the JH 13 Pros."

Oh, I wouldn't go so far as to say that with customs.

Yes.

I'm sure there will be another custom IEM that I'll get that will replace the JH13's within 10 years. :D

Why wouldn't they last ten years? Ears don't change that much on the inside once you're fully grown (although the outer ear grows all your life). Besides, if you've got a custom IEM in all the time for ten years it'll probably have a preventitive effect on any contraction of the canal.

From my studies, the ear canal can change with a weight gain or loss of as little as twenty to twenty-five pounds. From my experience, I agree with that being a possible scenario when I was dropping weight up to 35 pounds and the seal did seem to get worse (another reason I worry greatly about getting another pair with my history of gaining and losing every two years or so, I've lost about thirty pounds just in the last three months). As for it lasting ten years, almost all hearing aid companies I can find put the product life expectancy at 3-5 years. Ultimate Ears have stated that the hard acrylic housing has a life expectancy of ten years. Westone states their acrylic housing to have a life expectancy of 3-5. UE also states that the armatures have a life expectancy of seven years with the shock from just regular use.

I wouldn't feel comfortable telling anyone they could expect ten years of use from their customs (actually I wouldn't want to tell them anything blindly like that). I also agree with Edwood. :)

Just heard back from JH Audio and the warranty is for two years. Not that warranty has anything to do with how long they will last.

That CNET review did seem like it was rushed and I was a little curious about the 10 year comment when I read it.

BTW, I have my appointment for impressions on Friday :headcase:

From my studies, the ear canal can change with a weight gain or loss of as little as twenty to twenty-five pounds. From my experience, I agree with that being a possible scenario when I was dropping weight up to 35 pounds and the seal did seem to get worse (another reason I worry greatly about getting another pair with my history of gaining and losing every two years or so, I've lost about thirty pounds just in the last three months).

I guess I'll have to put my weight loss plans on hold until there's news of the JH13's true successor. :D