JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Yeah, the Carolina blue trans is great. The setup GS-1 and JH13 are made for each other, really transparent setup. I could not be happier with the sound. I think the seal is slightly better in the left ear but I think I am getting a pretty good seal in the right ear.

Wow. Just, wow. The light blue looks great; just what you wrote about wanting. Reads like the fit is good and you're getting a good seal (?)

From looking at a few posts, the GS-1 was reported to pair well with the 13s. I've heard that DAC before and really liked the way it sounded, can only imagine how good the paring actually is.

Just spent an hour on the back porch, in the New England fall sun, having a cigar and listening to DSOTM with the iMod/Pico combination. Was a happy hour.

Look forward to your impressions.

Tyler try the ALO Rx amp it is just about a perfect match for the 13s, so much so that I am selling off the pico and netbook and going iphone/Rx. I'll probably get the dac/ipod(iphone) digital device when Matt comes out with it.

I am considering complete madness and going balacing act with these but need to stop by and hear it again. Also the BA makes a killer pre amp.

Tyler try the ALO Rx amp it is just about a perfect match for the 13s, so much so that I am selling off the pico and netbook and going iphone/Rx. I'll probably get the dac/ipod(iphone) digital device when Matt comes out with it.

I am considering complete madness and going balacing act with these but need to stop by and hear it again. Also the BA makes a killer pre amp.

I thought so too when I listened to the Rx amp at the meet. But I havent tried any of the other digital volume control portable amps.

What is this dac/iPod device of which you speak?

Matt has a magic box that debuted unspectacularly at CanJam, it was still in beta and was hit and miss in LA. It takes the digital stream from the LOD and feeds it to a dac in the same box then feeds it to a 1/8 out. Same form factor as the ALO Rx that he designed as well.

I took a bunch of time with it at RMAF and really liked it, it was dicey with my iphone 3G but worked well with all ipods. He is working on the iphone 3g issue.

I walked away from portable a year or two ago but after the JH13s with the pico and then the Rx got the bug again.

I got my right ear refit back today. After a quick try, the fit is better, but the left ear still feels slightly better. I'll use them extensively the next couple of days, and hopefully, I won't have to send them back again.

One really noticeable difference is that the color on the right ear piece is much darker now. Not a real big deal, but I was hoping they'd resolved their finish inconsistensies by now.