JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I sincerely wish the recording quality was better on that album. The distortion is a major buzz kill for me and I just don't get how stuff like that makes it through post-production?

Amen to that, Nate. Her vocals routinely clip out very harshly, and the dynamics in general are really not up to par. Every time I'm anticipating some glorious crescendo my hopes are dashed by clipping instead.

The music, however, has really gotten a hold of me as of late.

Now I need to rally enough people to get a Headamp gilmore light SE (built around iem usage) made.

I think I'm in.

With Justin's new digital volume controller. ;)

I'm not sure if this was serious or not, but I'd certainly be interested in such an initiative if Justin was interested to make it happen of course.

I just wonder what someone is going to use for a pot/attenuator? There's only one solution that I can think of that is currently only being used by one manufacturer. ALO's line about their volume control is pure hilarity, "The Rx volume control starts at a reasonable level which does not leave the user to wonder if the amp is not on or faulty." In other words, max attenuation is limited by our implementation and we hope that you can find a suitable listening level. So, like when you turn on your home theater and you have the volume muted you immediately assume that it's faulty? WTF...

Probably dual attenuator ICs, or a single attenuator IC configured for shunt.

It's the other way around -- they couldn't figure out how to get the volume to go all the way off, so they're trying to spin it as a feature rather than as a bug. That'd be my guess.

Probably using an attenuator with max ~66dB attenuation and no mute.

is it possible that jh is selling rebranded customs from the company in nyc? or am i just cooking up conspiracy theories...
Not likely, I get the impression he actually designs these things. The UE11 (from his former company) already had dual subwoofer drivers, so the fact that his new company is picking up where his old company left off tells me that it's him.

Just spoke to Beth who seemed very cool. Only problem is that she is located in Bergen NJ, which is inconvenient for me and it would cost $200 all in for impressions if Beth came to NYC. Still, she is definitely JH Audio recommended.

Bergen County, North Bergen or Bergenfield, NJ? You may want to figure this out before you venture across the river. :)

Just spoke to Beth who seemed very cool. Only problem is that she is located in Bergen NJ, which is inconvenient for me and it would cost $200 all in for impressions if Beth came to NYC. Still, she is definitely JH Audio recommended.

Isn't there someone in Manhatten? Maybe I missed that part. I was lucky enough to find someone 1 mile from my house, who was very friendly, has done many impressions for singers and only charged $50. I found her by finding the closest audiologist to my house that was on Westone's list and the Sonus website recommended by JH Audio.

Isn't there someone in Manhatten? Maybe I missed that part. I was lucky enough to find someone 1 mile from my house, who was very friendly, has done many impressions for singers and only charged $50. I found her by finding the closest audiologist to my house that was on Westone's list and the Sonus website recommended by JH Audio.

Shelly, yeah, there's a place in Manhattan recommended by Sonus, which people at HF have used successfully. The woman in NJ is officially recommended by JH, but I'm not even really sure what that means. I suppose the distinction between impressions and "all star" impressions are not important as long as they fit.

How much did that cable cost you? And what improvements in sound quality did you notice?

$175

To my ears, it's a very very nice improvement over the stock cable.

It really opens everything up and the bass goes deeper with the SCSCag wire. Really deep! It completely gives a lot more details and body.

My brother (who also owns the Jh13s) has tried my cable yesterday and he was even more impressed than me.

There's a measurable benefit to replacing the cable in these IEMs, if you get 4 wires all the way to the jack. The stock cables join the ground wire at the Y-split which reduces stereo separation. Enough to hear, probably not, but it will be there. This change is at least a billion times greater than what kind of wire is used

I like cables that are well built, durable, aren't microphonic, don't coil up or are an annoyance. It will be hard to improve on the stock cable in any of these areas.

I agree with you Justin, it will be very hard to improve on the stock cable for the comfort, etc.

The only downside is that the SCSCag wire is rather stiff. It will probably bother some people at the beginning, but you get used to it rapidly. It's the perfect cable for home usage.

For the length, 48 inches is enough. (Mine is 54 inches and it's too long.)