JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I'm interested as well. My question would be, when people say the JH don't need an amp, and sound great out of an iPhone, would they say the same about the TF10? Because, honestly, I think the TF10 sound 100% better amped and sound rather blah without decent amplification. That to say, it's still a issue of quality amplification. Out of the Pico, I was pretty unimpressed with the TF10 for example.

monkey I have the same feeling about fit. they are 100 times better now and dont hurt but my right ear piece is ever so slightly too small now and if I push on the earpiece I get more nosie isolation/bass.

I don't think these sound similar to the O2's. The o2 is darker and has as someone wiser than I described a much vaster headstage.

for the person who asked i have tf10's and while they sound better than my se530's they in no way compare to the JH13

writing this on my phone so if you want more dettail ask :P

Monkey, oh namer of the Triple Fi 10 Pro, do you still have them or a memory of them?

Believe it or not, I've never heard the TF10Pro. I should listen to Mrs. Monkey's...

monkey I have the same feeling about fit. they are 100 times better now and dont hurt but my right ear piece is ever so slightly too small now and if I push on the earpiece I get more nosie isolation/bass.

Kelvin, are you going to send them back for another refit?

Believe it or not, I've never heard the TF10Pro. I should listen to Mrs. Monkey's...

Kelvin, are you going to send them back for another refit?

I'm not going to bother. I'm happy that they don't hurt now and I'm not confident that they would get the fit any better the third time around.

I use Westones "Oto-Ease" every once and a while when I'm not getting a consistent seal. It is basically a personal lubricant type of liquid and it helps the monitor move with your body better and also creates a little more seal.

I agree 100% about the amp - they don't sound bad w/o a nice amplifier+source, but they sure as helk don't sound as good as they can.

I'm not going to bother. I'm happy that they don't hurt now and I'm not confident that they would get the fit any better the third time around.

I think I'm in the same boat.

I use Westones "Oto-Ease" every once and a while when I'm not getting a consistent seal. It is basically a personal lubricant type of liquid and it helps the monitor move with your body better and also creates a little more seal.

I agree 100% about the amp - they don't sound bad w/o a nice amplifier+source, but they sure as helk don't sound as good as they can.

Good suggestion. I have some similar stuff from UE that I never used. Maybe I'll give it a try.

So I took the day off today in anticipation of a post Superbowl hangover (luckily I didn't have one).....with some free time on hand I decided to drive on over to JHAudio and try the JH13s again. My impressions are pretty much unchanged and they are still as awesome as they were in CJ09 even in their "universal" fit form. What I did just realize is how a portable amp (I used JHAudio's RSA Mustang) really improves on the sound. They were good coming out of my iPod but amping them gave them more balls, slightly better separation and even better highs. I can't wait to hear these with the Pico Slim. Needless to say, I had my impressions done but I haven't put in an order yet. I'm waiting to see how the JH16s come out. Talking to Adam and the other art dude (I forgot his name), they told me that the 16s have a tad more deep bass without smearing or taking away any clarity. Not that the JH13s seemed to lack bass but I figured I should be smart and wait for the JH16 before pulling the trigger. Per Adam, they should start filling JH16 orders some time mid to late March.

In the meantime, I'm gonna start thinking about what kind of color shell and artwork I'm gonna get :)

Raffy - Glad you had a chance to hear them again... and with an amplifier! A few balanced armature monitors really do come alive with some juice behind them.

I'm planning on trying the little Fiio E1 and seeing if it is worthwhile at all compared to a normal portable amplifier or direct out of ipod. Its function is exciting to me in that I can control tracks while my ipod never leaves my pocket. That is a good thing for my touch.. my classic is relatively easy to change tracks while it is in my pocket though.

I'm joining the club. Anybody here have experience with hand held audio, JH's UK dealer? I can also order through JH directly, but going through the UK dealer *seems* simpler.

I'm not sure if it's simpler to order thru a dealer not unless they can do your impressions on-site when you order. The mailman arrived when I was there and around 80% of the packages looked to be EMS/international. The ones I was able to eyeball (sorry, I can be nosy at times) looked like they were from individuals and not dealers which leads me to think a lot of international customers order direct vs. thru a dealer. IMO, there's nothing wrong order thru a dealer as long it is actually more convenient/less of a hassle; if this isn't the case, I'd rather go direct.

Did you guys see this? Lars the n00b found it and linked it to me a few minutes ago, and it answers a question I wanted answered without me having to wade through HF JH1x threads. I figure this guy C&P'd from an e-mail, so I'm taking this as "fact" for now.

From: Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor

Well,

I finally got my response back from Jerry.

Me:

Hello,

Since the JH13 and JH16 don

As Mike posted earlier, if you have a really good fit you should have plenty of natural bass from the JH13s. When I wear mine I seem to have almost total isolation and needless to say the detail across the spectrum is spot on. I am happy, and the sharks are happy.