JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I don't know if it's all in my head or if it has to do with the fact that JH Audio works a lot with pro musicians, but I find there's an awesome synergy between the JH13 and live albums. Not that it doesn't sound wonderful with everything else, but I like the way the JH13 reproduce the energy of live shows, crowd noise, applauds, etc. Maybe it's something in the frequency response or maybe I'm imagining stuff, but I don't remember enjoying the live albums in my collection so much with any headphones I had previously. I was listening to "Live after Death" sooner today it was rocking big time! SCREEEAAAM FOR ME LONG BEACH!!!! >:D

Edited by GPH

I don't know if it's all in my head or if it has to do with the fact that JH Audio works a lot with pro musicians, but I find there's an awesome synergy between the JH13 and live albums.

This was one of the first things I noticed, and still can't figure out, but enjoy. Some of Dan's live tapes are my favorite and I listen to them frequently.

I received the JH13s today. I'm going to really monitor the fit for the next couple days, but I think it's pretty close. They turned out well, and they sound flippin' sweet. They are some of the bassiest phones I've owned, but it's superbly controlled. My only complaint currently is I wish the mids were more prominent or forward, but I'll have to listen more critically to really determine if I really feel that way. I'll have to take some photos soon.

Is anyone still on the fence about these? I figured people were either saving up or waiting for the right financial time to place the order. Or, possibly, waiting on JH13 v JH16 impressions. Other than that, I see little reason for anyone thinking about it to not just place the order.

**BRENT**

I've thought about ordering many times since they first popped on the radar but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've never owned IEMs and the whole idea around inserting something that far in to my ear, coupled with cleaning issues and worrying about wax buildup getting in to the output area, just diverts my mind from the order process every time. I'm still amazed by how positive the overall impressions have been, especially from those that we all know are clearly experienced. But for some reason I still can't bring myself to do it. All the accounts of multiple refits and knowing that they're custom and a done deal doesn't help either. If only the had a program where they sent out demo pairs or had local kiosks demonstrating them, then I may just be able to push myself over the edge on an order. Hearing is believing though. I just can't buy something without sampling it unless I can either A) return it or B) sell it at a minimal loss.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to hear a demo pair at a meet in the near future. Until then I'll remain quite content with the HD800.

I'm fairly certain this info has been posted somewhere but I'm not sure whether it was here or on HF but I don't feel like trying to wade through hundreds of pages looking for it.

For those that have listened to the universal demo pair, what are they like physically? Do they use some sort of replaceable tip? For those that went on to buy them, was the difference significant?

The demos were almost like a pair of 530's but bigger, as I recall. The tips are replaceable, I used the foam tips when I auditioned them. How close they are to the customs depends on how good a fit and seal you get with the demo version. I had trouble with the fit and they were still better than any IEM I had heard before. My customs are even better.

The demos almost look like customs from the back and have the same cable entry, but the business end is more of a tube like on the Shures, as Mike mentioned. I have pasted some pics of a meet where we had the demo kit and you can see some victims trying them out. The trick of getting them in right is to push the foamie all the way onto the stem and then squish it back so that you can see the end of the stem again. Put it in your ear and let the foamie expand. If you leave the foamie down on the end of the stem like with normal universal IEMs, you will not get a true sense of the sound. The foamie needs to be back from the tip. Enjoy. I ended up buying them, as did Grahame and some others, after that meet pictured below.

dsc0728q.jpg

dsc0730a.jpg

dsc0655p.jpg

dsc0665n.jpg

Thanks for the info :)

Now, next question, has anyone had any problems with sensitivity to the material used in the customs?

I know I've asked this before quite some time ago, at the time there didn't seem to be anyone with any issues but it doesn't hurt to check again.