JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Mine just came back from a repair and I think the fit is even better than before. I've been using my FreQShows for the last week and I can't say how bad they are in comparison to the 13's. I know they don't sound better than before but damn, these things are good. Sorry Phil :).

Mine just came back from a repair and I think the fit is even better than before. I've been using my FreQShows for the last week and I can't say how bad they are in comparison to the 13's. I know they don't sound better than before but damn, these things are good. Sorry Phil :).
Congrats, and yes I'm jealous but it looks like I'll be getting to hear the demo's soon so I'm happy about that. :)

The customs will cause far less to no irritation at all. Foamie tips are irritating but these things are like having nothing in your ears.

It's more of an allergy type of thing, with most if not all standard non-foam tips I've tried after a short time the insides of my ears will some times get a hot burning sensation or other times an unbearable itch.

I think most non-foam tips are latex. Perhaps you have a sensitivity?

Probably, I seem to have skin sensitivity and allergies to quite a few things like some metals, soaps and fabrics. I've not paid attention to whether the tips that I'm sensitive to are all of the same basic material or not though so you may be right.

I talked with Brittany yesterday, she said they've not had anyone mention any kind of sensitivity to the materials they use plus I went back through this thread last night and found a couple of posts from people who seem to have had similar problems with universal tips as I do and they've had no issues with customs so my mind is pretty much at ease now. That's one hurdle down...

Listening to the JH13 demo right now, I think it gives a general idea of the JH13 sound signature, but it doesn't sound nearly as smooth and it's much less resolving. Perhaps I need to play with the fit a bit, I'm having a hard time with those yellow foam tips.

Mmkay. I haven't been listening to my modified Denons in a while (LA2000 + APS V3), but moar bass still sounds pretty good when I compare those to HD800.

After reading Jude's initial comparison, I'm thinking about buying JH16 Pro again. Let's see, I might end up buying JH13 Pro's anyway :confused:

Damn, I need to sell my modified WA6 soon :(

Mmkay. I haven't been listening to my modified Denons in a while (LA2000 + APS V3), but moar bass still sounds pretty good when I compare those to HD800.

After reading Jude's initial comparison, I'm thinking about buying JH16 Pro again. Let's see, I might end up buying JH13 Pro's anyway :confused:

Damn, I need to sell my modified WA6 soon :(

If you like the bass presentation of the D2000, the JH13 might not have enough low-end for you. I heard the modded and non-modded versions of the D2000 at a meet and in both cases I felt overwhelmed by the bass, the JH13 on the other hand I find it just perfect. For reference, other headphones with bass presentation that I really like: Sennheiser HD650, Stax SR-001, Stax SR-007.

Edited by GPH

If you like the bass presentation of the D2000, the JH13 might not have enough low-end for you. I heard the modded and non-modded versions of the D2000 at a meet and in both cases I felt overwhelmed by the bass, the JH13 on the other hand I find it just perfect. For reference, other headphones with bass presentation that I really like: Sennheiser HD650, Stax SR-001, Stax SR-007.

I guess I'll wait for Pico Slim comparisons for a while, since I do like HD800. Oh, and my D2000's have only stock frame and "speaker", everything else is custom made. Mostly DIY and Lawton Audio/APS.

Still thinking about buying new custom pads, but I might even sell these if JH1X Pro's would satisfy me. And that's the reason why I went back to considering JH 16 Pro's.

*argh* moar sleep and less audio.

Relief - Cold War Kids

Vampire Hunters - Wojciech Kilar/Dracula

Also, try and make a super large smile, does the seal momentarily break on each side and then re-engage once you release the geek smile? That helps ensure a seal is proper. Make sure your ear canals are dry/clean as well.

I feel like I would probably like the JH16. Should have waited.

JH has your impressions on file, just buy the 16's and compare them. Then keep the ones you like best and sell whichever pair you do not want.

Or like the wise Sam says, you can never have enough flying ladies around.. More is better!!

monakedhoes2.gif