JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Is this just a rushed impression with the new toy syndrome in play with allot of fancy words?..

Fancy words like Spychedelic?

There are only two questions a person needs to ask themselves when considering the purchase of the best IEMs ever made.

1) Will I wear them? I.E. is my station in life such that, for a few hours a day perhaps, I can safely and happily block out all external noise?

AND

2) Can I spend $1100 right now?

If the answer to both is yes, then buy these. If no, well then compromise.

Reading reviews of the JH13s seems terribly silly.

indeed reading reviews on JH13/16 can only serve to help a person choose between the 2 (even then not much really), sure doesnt help anyone if you cant actually afford them. I dont understand people that wantonly subject them-self to the torture of reading impressions of what is probably the best headphone (in many aspects) that I have ever heard, if you cant within the realms of possibility acquire them for yourself. even worse listen to the demo when all you can actually afford is a set of W1 or something. but then I suppose sports car magazines would = fail if everyone took that attitude and 'top gear' would be scraping the bottom of the ratings barrel. glad i've got mine and even though I thought I would, I dont seem to be finding myself lusting after the 16's, finally at least for portable use my wants have been stopped in their tracks. other areas of my portable rig are still evolving, but until these dont fit me anymore or they come up with a safe technology for actually directly transmitting audio to my brain stem i'm pretty sorted. for that aspect alone I feel they are worth the money..for me

friendly little forum you guys have got here. i've cruised maybe 4 threads on here in the last 2 days and every single one has someone being targeted for something.

enjoy....

You made 5 or so posts without any consideration of the new member PM you received, then wondered why you were "targeted". By the way your use of the word targeted tells me all I need to know about you.

Oh and the JH13s are all that and a bag of chips. I keep vacillating between getting and not getting the 16s but I am concerned that if the bass is tipped up it may wind up being too much of a good thing.

friendly little forum you guys have got here. i've cruised maybe 4 threads on here in the last 2 days and every single one has someone being targeted for something.

enjoy....

How would you feel if a complete stranger came to your house and started criticizing your way of doing things?

I'm listening to my JH13 with the TTVJ Slim right now, doing some comparisons with my unamped iPod Touch and also my home setup. I have to say the difference between iPod Touch -> JH13 and iPod Touch -> TTVJ Slim -> JH13 to my ears is much smaller than I thought it would be according to the reviews I had read. A bit more bass in quantity, perhaps a slightly expanded left/right image with a tad less congestion, but these differences are all very minor and I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell the difference in a blind test. When I plug the JH13 in my home setup, now that's another game, the improvement is immediate and easily noticeable. I'm a bit disappointed by the TTVJ Slim to be honest, it's kind of reminding me why I stopped caring about portable amps a while ago.

To be fair, I should add that I've not tried to replace my Dynalo by the TTVJ Slim to see how it performs in my home setup. So it's not really the TTVJ Slim I'm disappointed in, more the illusion that something portable with an iPod could rival my home setup.