JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Guys, new member here. I had my UE Triple.fi 10s reshelled into customs a few months ago and I was thinking about stepping up to the JH13s or the JH16s. I also own a pair of Denon D5000s, which I love. Would the JH13/16s be a huge upgrade from my Triple.fi's? I am just leery of spending that much on something that may not be a huge upgrade over my current setup.

Guys, new member here. I had my UE Triple.fi 10s reshelled into customs a few months ago and I was thinking about stepping up to the JH13s or the JH16s. I also own a pair of Denon D5000s, which I love. Would the JH13/16s be a huge upgrade from my Triple.fi's? I am just leery of spending that much on something that may not be a huge upgrade over my current setup.

Yes, it will be a huge upgrade.

here are the cliffs

Thanks for the info guys and thanks for that link aardvark baguette, that is exactly what I was looking for! I too may be in the club shortly. I have a great audiologist in my area who does impressions for $25 for both ears. I think I am going to go the JH16 route as I really like my bass.

Thanks for info guys. I will post my impressions (no pun intended) once I get them.

:D

kraken - If I could decide again if yes or no JH13, I would rather buy Livewires Trips now many people say it is very similar sounding to ES3X. JH13 are great of course but I think almost $1200 is really crazy for IEM.

Which people are you talking about, and do they know what they're talking about?

I certainly don't think everyone should/need/want/etc get jh13. They are expensive, but imo, if you're putting sq, convenience and usage time into the pot, these are the best audio purchase I've ever made. I've owned/own better home rigs. My jh13s now combined with a pico slim/twag micro lod get 70% of my listening time. I've owned mine now for 10 months and they still thrill me every time I listen. Over the last few years, I've cycled through a lot of headphones, which is the fun part of this hobby, but since getting the jh13s, I have zero interest in upgrading. That's worth $1200 to me.

I am a little surprised by how much this twag wire has been purchased by members in this thread. Last I read, its somewhere around $300 or more for the custom cable and $80 for the LOD, reminiscent of SAA or ALO cable prices. Did it make a real difference, I kind of thought the JH cables were fairly nice?

I know a few bought the LOD because it fits the pico slim/ipod/phone combo very well

I wouldn't have thought that. Isn't it this $150 thing with the huge plug? Elite TWag Line Out Dock - Cables

EDIT: Ok, evidently the plug only has a 1.35 cm (13.5 mm) outside diameter according to the viablue site. The picture makes me think its larger then that.

I wouldn't have thought that. Isn't it this $150 thing with the huge plug? Elite TWag Line Out Dock - Cables Looks like a huge Canare F-12 with techflex over it, says its a viablue which I haven't heard of.

That's not it. It's this one - Micro Elite TWag LOD - Whiplash Audio - iPod and iPhone Cables - Cables

Having tried it with Pico Slim at the recent Boston meet, it works very well in keeping as low a profile as possible.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

kraken - If I could decide again if yes or no JH13, I would rather buy Livewires Trips now many people say it is very similar sounding to ES3X. JH13 are great of course but I think almost $1200 is really crazy for IEM.

Too late! I ordered my JH16s today, sending out my impressions this afternoon! :)

I am tired of doing the mid-fi thing and always wondering about and lusting over the high-end stuff. I have (had) the money, so why not.

Now, whether or not to tell the wife...