JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Guys. JH-13 has just arrived. ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised since I didn't receive an in the lab notice, they just appeared on my front door, took 10 days from when I got ear molds received notice, with 1-day shipping.

CURRENTLY LISTENING NAOOOO

I think fit is off on left though :X

They look awesome, I will post a pic soon.

Which people are you talking about, and do they know what they're talking about?

For example project86 from headfi. He is very fine fellow.

I felt something similar although with UM3X that these was oe of the the best audio purchase I've ever made so if Livewires Trips are really similar sounding to Westone house sound they have to be rock for only $350, technology and drivers are sure similar to ES3X.

JH13 are great as I said. I have days when I love them and have days when less, so maybe I have a little fit issue who know. I listen mainly at home and I feel customs is not the best for home listening for me, you have to just sit without move and this is not comfortable for a longer listening. I finded JH13 to be much better than HD800 so basicaly JH13 price $1200 is ok but..

I have zero interest in upgrading

I don't believe you I have interest about LCD-2, boomana I guess you too :)

F I listen mainly at home and I feel customs is not the best for home listening for me, you have to just sit without move and this is not comfortable for a longer listening.

Not sure what you mean by this. I sit at my desk, moving around quite a bit with the JH13's. They are great!

Guys. JH-13 has just arrived. ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised since I didn't receive an in the lab notice, they just appeared on my front door, took 10 days from when I got ear molds received notice, with 1-day shipping.

CURRENTLY LISTENING NAOOOO

I think fit is off on left though :X

They look awesome, I will post a pic soon.

K, took the pic! It's clear with JHAUDIO logo etched only

5oh9qd.jpg

Re an earlier post about the relative flexibility of the cable materials:

I received my 64" black cable today. Side by side with the clear cable, the black cable is not quite as flexible. In practice, though, both are very supple and there's nothing you could do with the clear cable that you can't do equally easily/comfortably with the black cable.

In other words, there's no impediment to choosing purely on appearance.

I finally found an audiologist here that will do the impressions albeit for a cost of $100. I made an appointment but it's not until June 3rd, I'm still a bit wary so I'm going to drop off a copy of the JH Audio tip sheet to see what kind of reaction I get.

holy moley thats expensive. Good luck!

Originally they wanted $150 but they came down in price a bit when they realized I only wanted impressions not molds. She seemed quite convinced she could get me the same thing much cheaper and seemed a bit put off when I didn't bite.

I think the clear looks amazing when new, but I always wondered if they'd hold up, and not get dirty. I'm lucky and do not have waxy ears, but I still need to clean mine. I thought that at the tips there could be a problem with an unattractive build up, even if minimal.

She seemed quite convinced she could get me the same thing much cheaper and seemed a bit put off when I didn't bite.

same thing happened to me. However, when I finally figured out what she was trying to sell, I almost busted out laughing. Some sort of impression that fits over an ear bud :palm: "Apple iBud compatible" even, according to her. Then I explained that the electronics are "inside" the thing and she sorta nodded politely.

I think the clear looks amazing when new, but I always wondered if they'd hold up, and not get dirty. I'm lucky and do not have waxy ears, but I still need to clean mine. I thought that at the tips there could be a problem with an unattractive build up, even if minimal.

You can just get the tips colored if you're worried about that. :)

same thing happened to me. However, when I finally figured out what she was trying to sell, I almost busted out laughing. Some sort of impression that fits over an ear bud :palm: "Apple iBud compatible" even, according to her. Then I explained that the electronics are "inside" the thing and she sorta nodded politely.

I assumed it was something along the lines of a generic single or dual BA custom IEM that might be in around the league of entry level customs.

JH16s reviewed (though briefly and unsatisfyingly) on CrunchGear, along with UE5Pro and Ety hf2:

Review Round-up: Custom in-ear headphones

It is probably easy to guess which comment to the article is mine.

Thanks for that link. I watched the JH interview, and it made me definitely want JH13s over JH16s now. Creed uses JH16s. Horrible.

**BRENT**

I can hear the exact placement of every piece of drum kit while still hearing the other instruments perfectly....and it's still cohesive...damn

I think this is a great description of what makes the JH13 special, to me at least anyway. I finally got the seal right on the left side (6 layers of electrical tape ftw... oh don't think I mentioned this yet but I got my refit back and the left is too small now, which I've remedied with tape for the moment) and have been listening for I dunno 5 hours straight? Anyway I completely got what boomana said above, most noticeably when listening to The Cure's "Cut Here". I'm pretty happy that I have some headphones that make The Cure sound awesome again :)

Source is Rockbox'd Clip+ (awesome also)... I have to say I think this setup is better than a Pico Dac -> Dynalo -> HF2 setup, which I think is pretty incredible.

I think this is a great description of what makes the JH13 special, to me at least anyway. I finally got the seal right on the left side (6 layers of electrical tape ftw... oh don't think I mentioned this yet but I got my refit back and the left is too small now, which I've remedied with tape for the moment) and have been listening for I dunno 5 hours straight? Anyway I completely got what boomana said above, most noticeably when listening to The Cure's "Cut Here". I'm pretty happy that I have some headphones that make The Cure sound awesome again :)

Source is Rockbox'd Clip+ (awesome also)... I have to say I think this setup is better than a Pico Dac -> Dynalo -> HF2 setup, which I think is pretty incredible.

try clear nail polish instead of tape to fix fit problems

After re-reading most of this thread I've decided to go with a new impression on my left ear. Even though with tape I can get it to seal it still just doesn't sound right with angling and imaging, and when I smile I can really feel it whereas the right just stays in very well and I don't feel it as much.

Seems like people who went to audiologists with lots of experience with this are getting better results (no duh)... gonna head to a place that does a lot of IEM molds for a church band and hopefully that will turn out well.

Seems like people who went to audiologists with lots of experience with this are getting better results (no duh)... gonna head to a place that does a lot of IEM molds for a church band and hopefully that will turn out well.

Cool, I just talked to them (Seattle Hearing Aids - Audiology & Hearing Evaluation, Hearing Aid Fitting & Repair - Northgate Hearing Services Inc.) and they sound very experienced. $25/ear and if the impression needs to be redone it's free. The person on the phone said in the 10 years they've been doing IEM impressions they've only had to redo 3 times. I also like the fact that there is only two audiologists on staff there so I think whoever I get it'll be good.

I'll report back on fit later after it's all done.