JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Seems pretty cool, limiting factor seems to be that it can only run one plug-in at a time. I think I would want crossover control, eq (31band or good para), phase, and time delay on all channels. Seems like it might work good for making an all active speaker if all you need is the crossover.

Dusty:

I'm glad that they don't try to be a TI/Analog Devices/Xilinx and provide the support those companies do. Why do you think these companies charge so much for an eval board? Answer: support. If you want to use an IDE (which are pretty much locked into a given manufacturer anyways), then go ahead pick on the above and get ready for sticker shock (25x - 50x part cost is average).

bhjazz:

Pretty close to impossible. That comes from someone whose day job is reverse engineering.

one thing I don't get is why you can't stack plugins. Everything they are doing can be done using straight up impulse convolution so why not stack the impulses do the convolutions and then come out with a combined impulse and be done with it.... or am I misunderstanding.

I'd love for them to come up with one that is digital in digital out and a convolve plugin and I'd be all set.

which plug-in are you looking at?

Here's a list:

MiniDSP - Audio plug-ins

More info on the associated datasheet, for example, here's the datasheet for the "2-way advanced"

http://www.minidsp.com/images/documents/Product%20Brief-%202way%20Xover%20ADV%20plug-in.pdf

If you want, you can always ask them. Just don't be an :asshat: like this guy:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/minidsp/158963-minidsp-kits-our-answers-your-technical-questions-17.html#post2186514

Edited by luvdunhill

I'm glad that they don't try to be a TI/Analog Devices/Xilinx and provide the support those companies do. Why do you think these companies charge so much for an eval board? Answer: support. If you want to use an IDE (which are pretty much locked into a given manufacturer anyways), then go ahead pick on the above and get ready for sticker shock (25x - 50x part cost is average).
I completely agree with pretty much everything you said -- which is why I haven't invested yet. I was just recognizing out loud that I was not part of their target market.

As to my alternative -- I was thinking of just putting together a cheap little minix system with some ADC's/DACses. Hoping for less of a learning curve as well.

What's the approximate wait time on delivery from the time your status is updatex with ear molds received? That was last Thursday the 10th, the FAQ says five days, but my order number is definitely a bit away from where i believe they are at currently. No rush, just curious.

What's the approximate wait time on delivery from the time your status is updatex with ear molds received? That was last Thursday the 10th, the FAQ says five days, but my order number is definitely a bit away from where i believe they are at currently. No rush, just curious.

No idea on the current but when I ordered mine (1.5 months ago) it took just a day to get em shipped out after earmolds received. It definitely doesn't hurt to call, I had a refit I was waiting 10 days on and found out they were sitting on the guy's desk and would be shipped out that day when I called... no clue how long it would've been if I never called.

CJ could have them a little behind as well, I would imagine. Wish I had continued to ignore this thread! Really has me thinking...

I haven't seen much of a comparison of the 13's vs the 16's?

I was told to expect about 3 weeks at Canjam.

A little present showed up for me today!

elnero-albums-jh-13pro-s-picture3228-jh13pros.jpg

To be honest I expected that them to not fit but so far they seem to be good. It's a bit odd that I never heard any reply whatsoever to my two emails and phone call but in the long run I think this is the best route for me to go right now, I may look at doing a 3A/16Pro system down the road then I'll have the best of both worlds.

Ryan, JH received my earmolds on 05/26/2010, they went into the lab on 06/10/2010 and shipped on 06/11/2010

That's because the 13s are perfect :)

C'mon, Les. You know you want some. :)

I saw your review a while back...

It's been bugging me ever since...

I think since I am close to them(JHAudio), I'll drive up and have them fitted and I can audition the 13's and 16's with the demo setup.

If the 13's are perfect, are the 16's perfect'er?

I saw your review a while back...

It's been bugging me ever since...

I think since I am close to them(JHAudio), I'll drive up and have them fitted and I can audition the 13's and 16's with the demo setup.

If the 13's are perfect, are the 16's perfect'er?

going purely off of Jude's review and others opinions, the 16s are the 13s with moar bass. could be a cool thing to have with the 3A, since you have the bass adjustment. that way you could crank up the slam if need be.

the way I look at it, if I was going just plain old headphone, 13. headphone and 3A, 16.

Elnero, they look great. Good call on the lettering and color.

Les gar ten, at least what I heard on the universal demos the 16's have more bass and that's about it. So it just comes down to your music and listening preferences. The 16's did feel kind of clubbish which may be your thing.

going purely off of Jude's review and others opinions, the 16s are the 13s with moar bass. could be a cool thing to have with the 3A, since you have the bass adjustment. that way you could crank up the slam if need be.

the way I look at it, if I was going just plain old headphone, 13. headphone and 3A, 16.

I have a couple songs that were unbearable with Darth Beyers for the short time I had them, I'll make sure I listen to those.