JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Those blacks are great.

Ears to be cast today. Now gotta finally decide on JH13 or 3A/JH16 (postjack that were my options too).

Next up is figuring out of 4070+JHx will replace the less practical K1000 (hard to justify cost of all three).

A few of you have given up K1Ks for the JH13s, right? Regrets?

Edited by blessingx

^ Congrats on the purchase. I'd like to hear from anyone giving up their K-1000s for JH13s and how it worked out.

There is something refreshing about the idea of selling headphone rigs for an IEM system that can fit in the palm of your hand (sort of). I would like to hear that its worth it. The baggage of full sized phone set up can be a pain.

edwood sold his k1000s after getting his jh13s

Peter (Iron Dreamer) sold his AT-L3000s after getting JH-13s.

I sold my R10s after getting JH13s. Due to the my happiness with the jh13s and the amount of headtime they were getting, I no longer wanted/needed two high-end full-size rigs at home.

So Vicki was holding the Ace of Spades in this line of reasoning...

Only leaves dying and going to Heaven...

Belated happy birthday, by the way. If you need to sell any of your unopened rare whiskies, just let me know! ;)

I can sell a lot of nice and rare empty bottles ;) I guess I only have 1 or 2 unopened bottles, since I'm not a collector.

And thanks, luckily, age is still a number.

Brittany says two weeks from since I took my impressions from can jam. I doubt it will be that early but I appreciate the sentiment.

I wonder if they're getting swamped with orders - the whole process (to delivery) was really quick (much less than two weeks) once they'd received my ear impressions.

I wonder if they're getting swamped with orders - the whole process (to delivery) was really quick (much less than two weeks) once they'd received my ear impressions.

I think they're still playing a bit of catch up with the 16's, the delays getting the drivers due to the volcano really did a number on things for them.

For me it was a bit longer than two weeks from the time they received my impressions to the time they were sent but CanJam was in there as well and I think two weeks is realistic.

...but this guy Contact Us seems to have a satisfied customer the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) ) - Page 2 - Head-Fi.org Community and the price/technology looks right!
Thanks Grahame. Although they quoted me a higher price on the phone, when I went in the impressions were indeed $10 per ear. Plus much better experience than the JHA recommended "rock star" audiologist I visited a month or so ago.

Thanks all. As I've never owned a JH custom, and to be honest wasn't blown away by the JH13 universals at a meet, this leap is because of the many positive reviews, by ears I trust, over the last year. And then doubled by the recent 3A early impressions. Anyway, I rest all thanks/blame at your feet. ;)

And now the wait. When does the beginning of late summer start again?