JH Audio stuffs

atothex

imho, for custom whats vital is when impression is being made. a good or experienced audiologist can mean a sending back and forth for refit or a one time fit. my jh fits me perfectly on a first attempt. another thing is that impression are very fragile so it needs to be fully protected and packed during the shipping.

a simple deformation of the impression during shipping can screw your final custom big time. i packed and send my impression wrap with cellophane plastic repeatedly and on few layers of bubble wrap and finally use solid plastic box for additional protection. i also read somewhere that ear impression can self deformed in 2 weeks time, not sure whether its true but i personally wouldnt take the risk.

One thing I noticed is that it took a few days for my ears to adjust to the customs. I had some minor pain at first, but after that the fit was perfect. I don't know if those who needed refits sent them back right away after a day or two, but that's something to think about. I guess the audiologist and how he takes the impressions plays a big part in the equation too.

One thing I noticed is that it took a few days for my ears to adjust to the customs. I had some minor pain at first, but after that the fit was perfect. I don't know if those who needed refits sent them back right away after a day or two, but that's something to think about. I guess the audiologist and how he takes the impressions plays a big part in the equation too.

If I remember correctly I waited for about a week the first round and it ended up being a couple of weeks before I sent them out this time. After the first refit it took a few days but I did find the fit got better but I think much of it had to do with my figuring out how to get the right ear inserted properly. I'm really hoping I won't have to send them back again.

The iPads system sounds aren't terribly high quality. You may want to try listening to music.

But seriously folks... the difference between unamped/portable amped iPad use is less than with/without an external DAC and then amped (depending on which of both of course) IMO. I really like the iPad + camera kit + UCA202 + Parasound DAC + Pico Slim. Very portable.

Edited by blessingx

There is no need for an additional amp to get great sound out of the JH13s but that said they respond in a great way to increased quality in outboard amps over ipad/iphone/ipad built in amps.

After listening with a LOD/amp the iphone direct route is a noticeable step down. Mostly instrument separation/soundstage expands to a large degree with an outboard amp.

So they are fully enjoyable without an outboard amp but you leave alot of performance out not going that route

Just wanted to add that my 2nd refit is pretty much perfect, it came in weeks before the baby but am now starting to get some time in as Molly naps.

I think what is occurring is that JH makes the bores slightly smaller than the actual impression to accommodate the hard acrylic not having much give, and making them easier to insert and having less fit issues. However, if it's too small you get a loose fit and squelching when you open your mouth as well as other minor issues. Sensaphonics and westone are actually able to make their bores thicker than the impressions because they are a softer material that is able to provide some give and accommodate your inner ear much better for a tighter more sealed fit. Regardless I am extremely happy with the customer service and quality of sound, especially straight from iPod/pad/phone.

Just wanted to add that my 2nd refit is pretty much perfect, it came in weeks before the baby but am now starting to get some time in as Molly naps.

I think what is occurring is that JH makes the bores slightly smaller than the actual impression to accommodate the hard acrylic not having much give, and making them easier to insert and having less fit issues. However, if it's too small you get a loose fit and squelching when you open your mouth as well as other minor issues. Sensaphonics and westone are actually able to make their bores thicker than the impressions because they are a softer material that is able to provide some give and accommodate your inner ear much better for a tighter more sealed fit. Regardless I am extremely happy with the customer service and quality of sound, especially straight from iPod/pad/phone.

I believe they can add extra layers only to the bores.

How strict is JHaudio with the 30days limit for the refits ? I'm going to be away from home all week and Sunday will be exactly the 30ish day ..

Answering myself, I called them and Jhaudio din't mind. I guess if you don't exaggerate with months you are cool.

To our valued customers,

Unfortunately, we are behind on the delivery of the JH3A. *The original designer, Matt Macbeth of GR9 Tech, misled us on how far along the amp was before he eventually abandoned the project- leaving us to find a new company to finish the JH3A. The entire DSP code, as well as other components had to be reworked.

We have been working with a new company for the past 6 weeks and the latest update as of today is we will have amps to ship in 12 weeks. We have extended their estimate of 8 to 10 weeks to 12 weeks as not to mislead again.

I am personally sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We are happy to refund anyone who is not willing to wait.

You have my personal guarantee that the JH3A will be well worth the wait and it will be perfect when shipped.

Best Regards,

Jerry Harvey

What I wonder is, as they said the DSP had to be changed, how all the people that bought it after hearing it at CanJam will react if the finished product (sound) is different. I would assume changing the DSP will change the sound.
On the contrary, the DSP is compensating for differences in the amp (albeit, hopefully subtle ones), it should sound exactly the same. If anything is going to cause it to sound different, it'll be the amp.