JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Well I'm not good with words but it seems to go lower nd it gives more vibration impact which I'm missing specially with techno.

Oh and with other genres the the drums would stand out from the rest by their lively impact. Myself, I like it, the music is more fun but for those purists the jh13 the one to get for sure.

But I'm gonna give it a try until the 30 days refit limit and decide.

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

Sorry, I've only mostly listened to TTVJ Slim as amp and not as amp/DAC combo. I know there are few folks here who has one and, fwiw, there's been few meet impressions.

Thanks, I'll have a look around although looking at TTVJ's site it appears it's using a PCM2704 which I believe is a fairly generic solution, even the description on the site doesn't make it sound all that promising.

Here's a potentially dumb question for anyone that might have the answer, the LOD I have is a very old ALO one I got used as a throw in with an a portable amp I bought a long time ago. I tried using it with my iPhone and Pico a couple of times but it doesn't seem to work, does the iPhone require a different type of LOD?

Ugh. JH13s came back today. Originally left side loose and slight imbalance to right. Next time left way too tight (could only last 3-4 songs before pain too much), but balance issue went away. Next a bit too tight (could make it an hour or so, but still painful) and no balance issue. Now fit good, but imbalance shift to right returns (and canal section different lengths). This is getting frustrating. Haven't had these much since I got them, not to mention the soon to be $100+ in shipping charges.

Can't go through this again with JH3a+JH16 order. Considering canceling.

BTW, what's the record for returns on these things?

Edited by blessingx

Ugh. JH13s came back today. Originally left side loose and slight imbalance to right. Next time left way too tight (could only last 3-4 songs before pain too much), but balance issue went away. Next a bit too tight (could make it an hour or so, but still painful) and no balance issue. Now fit good, but imbalance shift to right returns (and canal section different lengths). This is getting frustrating. Haven't had these much since I got them, not to mention the soon to be $100+ in shipping charges.

Can't go through this again with JH3a+JH16 order. Considering canceling.

BTW, what's the record for returns on these things?

This is pretty close to the problems I'm having as well and it's getting really frustrating. Although I've not had problems with mine being too tight I did notice a slight imbalance when I first got them, it went away but I noticed a slight imbalance to the right shortly after I got my last refit back, this imbalance seems to be more noticeable in the lower bass though. My fit seems to be pretty good although the left feels a bit short in comparison to the right so the left doesn't feel like it inserts quite as deeply as the right but seal seems to be OK. The left is also physically a bit shorter as well.

I did send an email when I first noticed it but it's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard a reply. I haven't pursued it further yet because when I first noticed the imbalance a couple of days after I got them back, I was developing a bit of an earache in my left ear and the slight bit of tinnitus I have in that ear seemed to be louder, it has since turned into a more serious problem with my jaw and TMJ like symptoms so I wasn't sure if there might be a relation. I've only used them sparingly since but I did notice something, if I play with the memory wire on the cord and bend it so it's more forward and away from my head the balance gets better, I'm not exactly sure what that means as far as fit goes but it might be something to try yourself.

I'd be curious to hear what JH Audio has to say if you manage to talk to anyone about it.

Thanks for the comments and suggestion (tried several tests including pressing both in or pulling slightly out). I doubt the last couple steps were due to the original impression, though it may have stopped the issues at first and corrected it if redone now. Some additional minor issues with the mods I haven't yet mentioned here, but I hope we're close enough a slight canal area increase or other change will correct the imbalance and we'll be done. Haven't given up yet (too much invested ;) ) and although I don't have the trust those who've spoken to Jerry seem to have, they've had quick turn arounds and every time I've caught Brittney on the phone she's been quite helpful. I don't though have the optimism it takes to expect a return phone call from them (not their strong suite), so although I left a message today offering doing new impressions or answering any questions they may have to get more specific and target the problem, I also took the box to the FedEx shop with a now three page letter detailing the problem and each previous note. Fingers crossed. I liked what I heard in the last two steps, so still hopeful. Am more suspicious though how much of a SQ increase having the crossovers better handled (though additional 3A+JH16 order) when we're having such troubles dialing in balance/fit specifically for me.

Justin, that's a great idea I hadn't considered. Unfortunately, my only other customs, Livewire T1s, also has a fit/seal issue. Fought those less as they were prototypes and 1/7th the price. We recast twice then with the same result. So three casts by two audiologists (well not so sure the Livewire casts were done by a licensed doc - we twice met in a restaurant parking lot) for two IEMs have resulted in initial loose left sides. Maybe just something with my smallish ears? Maybe I'm a freak? To the JHA and recent audiologists credit, the JH13 fit was better than either Livewire though. Not sure how you increase IEMs one channel or decrease the other, but I hope it's a simple canal area extension or similar. As I've heard the same pair of JH13s in at least three different states now (original which I almost didn't fix, two painful, but balanced versions, and recent), I'm surprised there isn't more discrepancy in reviews. Maybe a great sign of the majoritys experiences with them.

Indeed, that’s a frustrating situation. I wonder if JH Audio has considered offering different materials? I’ve only had acrylic customs, but I recall headphoneaddict mentioning some Westone IEMs using a different, and more comfortable material. Don’t the new UE IEMs also use something they claim will increase comfort? It seems as though there would be a greater margin for fit error if the material used were a little more forgiving. And even though I’ve got my JH-13s pretty dialed in now, they’re never quite as comfortable as I’d like them to be.

Maybe softer IEM substances create more problems than they solve. I really don’t know.

I wonder if JH Audio has considered offering different materials?

<snip>

Maybe softer IEM substances create more problems than they solve. I really don’t know.

I have a pair of custom ACS moulds that fit on my Shure SE530 that are made of silicone.

Had the impressions made by a pretty girl in Harley Street though even so, the resulting product isn't perfect. Perhaps I should have closed my mouth :P

However, because silicone is definitely more flexible than acrylic, that's not a huge problem. They erred on the side of too small rather than too large and after a while, a natural seal is formed anyway. Reasonably comfortable and I can certainly live with it since it's not that expensive (around