JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Here's the latest from JHA on the 3A:

Hi Everyone,

Good news! We finally received the DSP code yesterday and it seems to work properly.

There is an amp on it's way from the factory for evaluation. Once this has been approved it will take one week for the amps to ship from the factory to us.

We'll get back to you with more info as soon as it's available.

Thanks,

Everyone at JHA

• 2 weeks later...

Could it possibly be?

by JH Audio on Friday, April 15, 2011 at 1:37pm

Hi Everyone,

We received the 3A on Wednesday and I have finished testing the unit. I am happy with the audio and I will be giving the go ahead Monday for them to be assembled and shipped.

They should start shipping from China one week from Monday, April 18.

Best Regards,

Jerry and everyone at JHA

• 1 month later...

Count me in.

After listening to the JH13 demos today at JH Audio, I will soon be $1100+ poorer. The audio quality was superb--I could almost hear the members of Fleetwood Mac stabbing one another in the back.

My impressions were done in-house as well. Now, the last remaining hurdle is the selection of color and custom art.

Currently, I am leaning towards the following design: a red Rebel Alliance symbol on a solid white shell denoting the right IEM and a bluish Galactic Empire symbol on a solid black shell denoting the left IEM.

post-3107-0-42269600-1305605817_thumb.jp

post-3107-0-10618700-1305605824_thumb.jp

Count me in.

After listening to the JH13 demos today at JH Audio, I will soon be $1100+ poorer. The audio quality was superb--I could almost hear the members of Fleetwood Mac stabbing one another in the back.

My impressions were done in-house as well. Now, the last remaining hurdle is the selection of color and custom art.

Currently, I am leaning towards the following design: a red Rebel Alliance symbol on a solid white shell denoting the right IEM and a bluish Galactic Empire symbol on a solid black shell denoting the left IEM.

That was a great post, right up until the last paragraph where you ended up back at zero...

I still think he beats you in a good taste contest. Don't you own these IEMs?

jh13pro_both_sides.jpg

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with flames. (Okay, my bone-headed move was that I gave Jery permission to surprise me with a secret design, since he gave me free artwork so that they would look good for my review, because I ordered clear shells at first and he didn't like the look). I also have the UE11Pro that look like a foamy mug of beer.

ue11pro.jpg

You're absolutely right, HPA, there is nothing wrong with flames. There is nothing wrong with frosted tips, bowling shirts or skull themed jewelry either.

Play them loud and wear them proud, bro.

Damn HPA tried to get all crazy on new guy and he just flipped the script on him. Nice.

Something to read as we're on the 3A final days...

http://ow.ly/1sZ91I

Here's a scoop for Head-Case: Mead Killion (president of Etymotic) wrote this:

"The NSF presentation below is the largest single collection of misinformation our government has put out -- at least regarding hearing. Almost every sentence Steven Ambrose utters is exactly, precisely, the opposite of the known truth. Juergen Tonndorf would probably turn over in his grave to hear the idea that what matters was the source of sound rather than the sound pressure at the eardrum. Or that the eardrum vibration could be orders of magnitude greater than the vibration of the tiny earphone diaphragm that generated the sound.

Centuries of scientific discovery overturned in one U.S. sponsored video. "

This is going to be an interesting developement to watch unfold.

Here's my story on it.

My meter is tending towards balony at the moment, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Edited by Tyll Hertsens

Sending back my 13's once again due to a loose driver. The cause is the left earpiece detaching from the wire on it's own and falling to the ground. I am so tired of this. This may be the 4th or 5th time I am sending them back for the same reason. At least the world has not come to an end.