JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Wow, 6 to 8 hours is pathetic. That's also too bad it doesn't work with the camera connection kit. It has been confirmed to work on Samsung phones though. I presume it would work on new HTC phones too.

They need to engineer better battery life. I also recall seeing that the USB DAC is limited to 16 bit. That makes listening to 24 bit files a bit of a hassle. If they can sort those two things out I'm on board. I already carry DAC/amp combos around with me every day for use on my GS3.

Edited by nnotis

I use the Dx100 with the 3a  as a portable solution.

That's a great solution Tom.  I briefly own the DX100 and it was a great great match with my JH13pro.  No need for the portable amp really.  Clunky UI and buggy though, but very nice sound especially with hi-rez files.

That's a great solution Tom.  I briefly own the DX100 and it was a great great match with my JH13pro.  No need for the portable amp really.  Clunky UI and buggy though, but very nice sound especially with hi-rez files.

It is buggy but it was the only one of the top players with a coax out to use with the 3a but it does sound good on its own with a bunch of phones witout using a external amp.

I also can drive the JH16s that comes with the  3a using the adapter cable directly into the DX100.

Edited by bozebuttons

I got to hear the jh13 pro freq phase last week end and discuss it with the man himself, it was something special indeed. I am still looking around atm but the iphone/jh13 combo might be just what I really need besides my home rig.

I swore I'd never go custom again after loosing a pair of sensas 2x-s (3 weeks into ownership) and braking 3 other pairs but the jh13 is darn tempting :)

Edit:sp.

Edited by arnaud

I was quite impressed with the JH13FP at the Canlanta meet as well. Clearly a better earphones than the original JH13pro with better separation & imaging. My original 13pro was just a tad too smooth & warm next to a more transparent sounding JH13FP. Overall, the new 13pro is pretty darn great and I would buy one if I don't already have my old 13 pro. I will stick with my old 13pro for now as it is plenty good enough for portable listening.

I met Jerry on the weekend as well and he kindly stuck things in my ears to try, as well as explained phase to me in a way that made sense. I ordered the 13s. I've been wanting to order them for years now, but I'm glad I waited for the freqphase upgrade. Since they had the AK100s for only $400 I got one of those too, with a guy from Thailand doing the impedance mod on the spot for me (so that it works better with low-impedance IEMs). That'll do for my portable rig I reckon. No rubber bands involved.

I met Jerry on the weekend as well and he kindly stuck things in my ears to try, as well as explained phase to me in a way that made sense. I ordered the 13s. I've been wanting to order them for years now, but I'm glad I waited for the freqphase upgrade. Since they had the AK100s for only $400 I got one of those too, with a guy from Thailand doing the impedance mod on the spot for me (so that it works better with low-impedance IEMs). That'll do for my portable rig I reckon. No rubber bands involved.

Did he take out the 22 ohm resistor on the spot? What's your total charge for the AK100 with the mod? For $400 is a steal man! Yep, I'm wish I waited a another year for the new 13s as well.

Edited by purk

Speaking of it, I once sold a near NOS Baby Orpheus for $800.   :-   Also, passed on the chance of buying the Dynamite for $1300 as well as stealing the Qualia for $1200.  Oh I sold my K1000 for $550 as well.  Still have the wooden crate of my RKV MKII here in the storage.

How does one get an AK100 for $400?

And since I'm not 100% groking the 22-ohm resistor business, perhaps one of you geniuses can tell me if I need to get it removed if I'm using the AK100 with an amp?

For that price it is a steal.  Iriver got creative and released the new AK120 with the price tag of $1300.  Petty soon hi-rez portable DAP will reach $2000 mark.

Edited by purk

I remember when the baby Orpheussesses were being blown out for around that (US$800).

The Nagra is US$3.8K.  But it's not really portable the way we're talking -- it's more of a portable recorder for a pro field type guy.

"This is a very rare sound.  The obsidian night squall, when it's leg itches, perches on one leg, wraps the other behind it, and moves it quickly up and down...this is only heard in the wee hours of the morning as the obsidian night squall is superlatively nocturnal...let's listen..."  (shika shika shika...shika shika shika)

I remember when the baby Orpheussesses were being blown out for around that (US$800).

The Nagra is US$3.8K.  But it's not really portable the way we're talking -- it's more of a portable recorder for a pro field type guy.

"This is a very rare sound.  The obsidian night squall, when it's leg itches, perches on one leg, wraps the other behind it, and moves it quickly up and down...this is only heard in the wee hours of the morning as the obsidian night squall is superlatively nocturnal...let's listen..."  (shika shika shika...shika shika shika)

Redwine Audio is planning a mod to the AK120. Pretty soon, it will match that Nagra's price.

Edited by purk

For that price it is a steal.  Iriver got creative and released the new AK120 with the price tag of $1300.  Petty soon hi-rez portable DAP will reach $2000 mark.

I know there's a meet in LA coming up in the summer, and Astell & Kern are going to be there...perhaps I can get that price then? And no-one answered my dumbass 22 ohm question. C'mon!

• 2 months later...

Has anyone gotten a new JH IEM/replacement cable recently?  Is it still true that the silver ones are softer, but turn green?  My cable is becoming intermittent right where it enters the memory wire earpiece, so I need to get a replacement, priority being on ergonomics.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure whether this hasn't been mentioned because of a lack of interest or because no one around here has seen it yet because of the apparent lack of splurge:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151616082911991

New JH Audio TOTL: 12 drivers (3 groups of quads), bass control on the cable and optional solid carbon fibre shell. Seems pretty amazing, looking forward to it.

Edited by Leonardo Drummond