JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Does anyone else have anything to add about how the Roxanne sounded?  Superficially, it seems like the biggest jump since the 13s came out in 09.  I wonder how they'll compare to the 3A?

The bass boost seems a little silly though.  I suppose they can sell one model to both bassheads & people like me looking for accurate monitoring.

I really liked the Roxxane (Roxanne?) demos with the complys tips - they had great imaging for a universal fit, and reminded me a lot of my JH16Pro freqphase but with adjustable bass (could go way up, or more flat) and a somewhat smoother treble.  Not sure how that will relate to the actual custom's sound, but the customs usually sound better than the demos, in my experience.  I would like to get a pair for myself.

PS:  I listened to them with my own gear - iPhone 5s with lossless music and camera connection kit, Pico DAC, and Pico Slim with a 90-degree copper silver interconnect (I think Steven Kelby made the IC for me a while back).

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

HPA, I do recall you being disappointed with sound of all previous JH Audio demos.  So this favorable impression bodes well.  I guess at this point, I'm inclined to trust in Jerry H to deliver.  I jumped on the original JH13s in 09, and consider it the best grand I've ever spent.  Just about everyone on this site also has and loves their FP 13s or 16s.  

I think of JH Audio as being part of the Head-Case headphone trifecta also including Stax and the HD800s.

HPA, I do recall you being disappointed with sound of all previous JH Audio demos.  So this favorable impression bodes well.  I guess at this point, I'm inclined to trust in Jerry H to deliver.  I jumped on the original JH13s in 09, and consider it the best grand I've ever spent.  Just about everyone on this site also has and loves their FP 13s or 16s.  

I think of JH Audio as being part of the Head-Case headphone trifecta also including Stax and the HD800s.

Yep, the final full custom version from JH Audio has never disappointed, even when I heard flaws in the universal demos that I tried. Based on the fact that the universal demo of the Roxanne (sp) was so good I think the new 12-driver custom is going to be a winner, yet will not ruin the experience of the JH13 or JH16 which are awesome. I'm still looking for more people to post their impressions, to see if I'm off my rocker.

• 3 weeks later...