JH Audio stuffs

atothex

So

I briefly had a set of the UF's - they feel much bulkier in the ears and look it too. If you are able to get a good seal, they do however sound just as good as my customs of the same.

The roxanne universals are big but they look bad ass. like a secret service agent ear piece. I'm going to wear them with black sunglasses. https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1507949_438384706293102_1867056106_n.jpg

Douchebags in the head-fi roxanne thread are complaining that the universals are ugly. I LMFAO when one them posted a pic showing off his customs when he's bald and has skin ravaged with acne.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/684396/new-jh-audio-flagship-siren-series-roxanne/5460

Mine are coming in 7-10 days. Waiting to restock. Anyone else get one?

The Roxanne is part of the Siren SERIES... If I recall correctly. Unless they are coming out with on ears and portable non-iems or DAPs or JHA branded nachos, I figure it's pretty safe to say there will be another IEM. Not necessarily a replacement, but an addition to the line.

That is what people here infer from the word "Series" because we paid attention to our vocabulary words in elementary school.

If we know we can't say, I'd we don't, see above.

I need to go post in the drinking thread now.

**BRENT**

is the next one going to have 18 drivers?

How good is the JH Audio build quality?  Not all too good in my experience.  Had the left midrange & bass drivers stopped working yesterday.  Same thing happened to my right earpiece 3 months ago.  The repair cost will be out of my pocket though.  :(

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was warned by a Caser not to go down this road, and my dumb ass wouldn't listen. So, to add to Purk's quality issues...

After my experience with this Roxanne purchase, I'll never buy anything from JHA again. 7 months in and they are still trying to get the fit right. Each refit took 2 months. The last one that came back was a complete mess. They just said, yeah, it was a mistake, we have so many of these things coming and going...  :blink: - I didn't like the carbon fiber look so went acrylic, but most of those orders have not even been delivered yet. 7+ months, etc. And there has been a major issue with the cable connector cracking which has been addressed to some degree but not fixed. 

Soooo, this post isn't to vent. I'm over it for the most part. I just wanted to pass on the info mainly as a heads up for those considering it. I'm not sure what's going on at JHA. Maybe its always been this way, and I'm just late to the party. Jerry makes great sounding IEMs but his business model  is total  :dinny: unless you're Miley Cyrus. 

Edited by robm321

Sorry it has been a hassle, Rob.  Maybe you should have sent them one of your twerking videos...  

I have stuck with my original pair of JH13s because I didn't want to deal with the risks and delays that upgrading/changing would almost certainly entail.  I actually have to get a new cable because my old one is loose enough on one side that they come disconnected super easily.

They need like, a 200-250$ option to "Spend a day at JH|Audio" where you go in in the morning, they take your molds in house, make your IEMs that day, and test fit/ensure they work and fit properly.

That'd save shipping back and forth 4 times... Plus you get to go to Florida, I guess.

**BRENT**

• Like 1

I like the Florida idea. The 3D Ear scanner would help a LOT, but I don't think its available yet. 

...Maybe you should have sent them one of your twerking videos...

:laugh: - No doubt the JH13 still holds its own against the Roxanne. In fact, I'm not so sure it wouldn't fit my preference more. 

Sorry it has been a hassle, Rob.  Maybe you should have sent them one of your twerking videos...  

I have stuck with my original pair of JH13s because I didn't want to deal with the risks and delays that upgrading/changing would almost certainly entail.  I actually have to get a new cable because my old one is loose enough on one side that they come disconnected super easily.

Be very careful about your loose cable Al.  I was untangled the cable one day only to have the earpiece dislodged from the cable and hit the concrete floor.   It bounced 4 or 5 times like a marble and the damaged had already been done once I was able to pick it up.  One of the midrange driver was dead.  Luckily it was repair under warranty and the connector is much tighter now - and probably is too tight .  

BTW, I highly recommend the Moon-Audio Silver dragon as excellent upgrade cable for the original JH13pro.  The improvements over stock are much tighter bass, better clarity, and deeper soundstage.  I am able to discern more details in the recording as well.  I got the silver dragon used for $100 so it was a good and sensible upgrade.

Well, I was warned by a Caser not to go down this road, and my dumb ass wouldn't listen. So, to add to Purk's quality issues...

After my experience with this Roxanne purchase, I'll never buy anything from JHA again. 7 months in and they are still trying to get the fit right. Each refit took 2 months. The last one that came back was a complete mess. They just said, yeah, it was a mistake, we have so many of these things coming and going...  :blink: - I didn't like the carbon fiber look so went acrylic, but most of those orders have not even been delivered yet. 7+ months, etc. And there has been a major issue with the cable connector cracking which has been addressed to some degree but not fixed. 

Soooo, this post isn't to vent. I'm over it for the most part. I just wanted to pass on the info mainly as a heads up for those considering it. I'm not sure what's going on at JHA. Maybe its always been this way, and I'm just late to the party. Jerry makes great sounding IEMs but his business model  is total  :dinny: unless you're Miley Cyrus. 

Rob, I managed to fix my Roxanne myself, maybe you could give it a try? If you're careful it's pretty easy and I if you do it perfectly I don't think they'll be able to find out (not sure if I should be saying this, but anyway). Acrylic is a very easy material to work with. Mine was unbearable and now it's pretty much perfect. I think that if I had sent it to them, it would take a few attempts for it to be perfect - after all, if you do it yourself you'll be able to adjust it and test it very quickly.

First you have to find out exactly what areas are bothering you. My suggestion is for you to keep it in your ears for a while until it hurts. Then, with a cotton swab, touch the inside of your ears to find out exactly where it hurts and see what precise area of the IEMs are responsible. Then you can sand it carefully with a heavyish grain sand paper (I started with 320) until it doesn't hurt anymore. You have to patient though, because it's best to go easy not to sand it too much and break the seal. Then you can test it (after a while, when your ears are fresh again) and sand it some more if you need to. Once it's comfortable, you can work up your way to thinner sand papers so as to remove scratchs. I stopped at a 600, but I think you'd get a better result going up to a 1200. Then you use some polishing compound and you're done! The whole process took about two weeks for me because I did it pretty slowly, but it was way way better this way than to have it sent to JH Audio and go through a frustrating process as you're doing right now - it would also be a lot worse for me since I would have to pay taxes everytime it came in.

nobody gives a fuck what some loser nerd says about Jerry Harvey on a bulletin board.

fuck you. his stuff is sold out everywhere and you're a nobody.

I bet jerry harvey hates the headphone bulletin board community. it's a bunch of students and people with no money who think that because they spent their monthly salary on a headphone they're entitled to be treated like millionares. they constantly demand warranty service for every little thing and it probably eats into his entire profit margin.

then they're like, "oh well if you don't do what I say I'm gonna go on the internet and tell them your product sucks." like any normal person reads boards like this or head-fi. i saw a video of a headfi meeting and it was the weirdest looking people ever put together in a room. complete losers.

that's what you are you little bitch. jerry harvey is a musical genius who makes headphones for the stars. so shut your mouth and knwo your role in this world.

nobody gives a fuck what some loser nerd says about Jerry Harvey on a bulletin board.

fuck you. his stuff is sold out everywhere and you're a nobody.

fucking nerd.

WTF?

First, JH Audio quality issues are pretty well known. The number of people who have problems with them with regards to quality control and costumer service is far from small. A quick look on head-fi will show you that. The products being well regarded in terms of performance doesn't change that.

Second, Rob is one of the nicest guys around here. Why the fuck do you have to be so aggressive? You're the nobody.

Edited by Leonardo Drummond

I edited my post to explain why you're all nobodies and nothings.

look at any video of a headfi meet. literally the most loserish group of people ever put together in a room.

nobody reads these boards filled with entitled douchebags with no money and 40 headphones.

that's the reality. you can post 1,000 times about how jerry harvey makes bad products and he will still sell a ton because he's a genius and you don't matter.

assholes.

I edited my post to explain why you're all nobodies and nothings.

look at any video of a headfi meet. literally the most loserish group of people ever put together in a room.

nobody reads these boards filled with entitled douchebags with no money and 40 headphones.

that's the reality. you can post 1,000 times about how jerry harvey makes bad products and he will still sell a ton because he's a genius and you don't matter.

assholes.

fe08f994c12088393f27c4116613538d_zps6990

Oh, and just because you are denser than a black hole, you are an ignorant douchebag cunt that has absolutely zero reading comprehension skills.

Edited by morphsci