JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I love tough internet dorks living in their mom's basements.  You know most of us know Jerry, would you like us have him give you a call and tell you that he thinks your are a cunt?

shut the fuck up you nothing nobody. you know nobody and you are nobody.

but yeah go ahead and get JH to post here if you can.

dumb deluded loser bitch.

shut the fuck up you nothing nobody. you know nobody and you are nobody.

but yeah go ahead and get JH to post here if you can.

dumb deluded loser bitch.

Lmao your trolling is shit tier, come back when you've been on the internet more than 3 hours.

This nobody gaped your sister's butthole. U irate bruh?

I'm guessing that this little douche is a Marine like I'm a womanizer! This kid hasn't been off of Mommy's tit for long. I'm guessing he's 12 or 13. His online bravado is a dead giveaway. It would be fun to watch him meet Jeff in person though, as long as someone else was in charge of cleaning up the piss that ran down his leg. 

Oh no no, we must keep them.  They are fantastic.

My favorite one was where he called us poor.  Second favorite is where he linked to the sunglasses he wanted to wear with his headphones. 

He stumbled into the best possible place for help and burned his bridges in the same day.

• Like 3

Just a note here: Andy Regan Joined JH Audio and Jerry discovered that Andy's wife Sue had run the service department at Cardas. She's now working at JH as the Service manager. So, there's a possibility that their service will improve. No surety, of course, but it might be worth giving them a second chance servicing your gear...might. We'll see.

• Like 2

Just a note here: Andy Regan Joined JH Audio and Jerry discovered that Andy's wife Sue had run the service department at Cardas. She's now working at JH as the Service manager. So, there's a possibility that their service will improve. No surety, of course, but it might be worth giving them a second chance servicing your gear...might. We'll see.

Tyll,

Yes, my second repair experience was much better than the first.  Sue was the person who oversaw my repair and she even expedite the repair to meet my traveling date.  I'm just hope that I won't have any more problem with my JH13pro in the next couple of years.

Edited by purk

Be very careful about your loose cable Al.  I was untangled the cable one day only to have the earpiece dislodged from the cable and hit the concrete floor.   It bounced 4 or 5 times like a marble and the damaged had already been done once I was able to pick it up.  One of the midrange driver was dead.  Luckily it was repair under warranty and the connector is much tighter now - and probably is too tight .  

BTW, I highly recommend the Moon-Audio Silver dragon as excellent upgrade cable for the original JH13pro.  The improvements over stock are much tighter bass, better clarity, and deeper soundstage.  I am able to discern more details in the recording as well.  I got the silver dragon used for $100 so it was a good and sensible upgrade.

Thanks Purk, that happened to me a couple of times without the damage part.  These posts made me go look in a drawer full of portable audio stuff and I found a replacement cable for JH 13 that I think I bought when Marc built me a Fetastic Amp with a special connector for balanced JH13 usage.  Anyway, I put on the new cable and the fit is much tighter and better.  

The odd thing was when I plugged into my iPhone to test it -- the bass was WAY stronger and practically bloated compared to my recent JH13 listening.  I played some bass-heavy Cowboy Junkies while doing some chores and couldn't shake the feeling that it was markedly different with the new cable.  Without taking out the JH13s, I unplugged the new cable and put the old one in place, which was not easy to accomplish.  There was definitely a difference --maybe not as extreme as I was first thinking but certainly there and pretty pronounced.  I am assuming the lousy connection and slightly bent connector on the left side have more to do with it than a different cable but I am mostly just happy that I had the replacement already in hand and don't have to worry about the JH13s getting stepped on the next time I am getting off an airplane or whatever.

Thanks Purk, that happened to me a couple of times without the damage part.  These posts made me go look in a drawer full of portable audio stuff and I found a replacement cable for JH 13 that I think I bought when Marc built me a Fetastic Amp with a special connector for balanced JH13 usage.  Anyway, I put on the new cable and the fit is much tighter and better.  

The odd thing was when I plugged into my iPhone to test it -- the bass was WAY stronger and practically bloated compared to my recent JH13 listening.  I played some bass-heavy Cowboy Junkies while doing some chores and couldn't shake the feeling that it was markedly different with the new cable.  Without taking out the JH13s, I unplugged the new cable and put the old one in place, which was not easy to accomplish.  There was definitely a difference --maybe not as extreme as I was first thinking but certainly there and pretty pronounced.  I am assuming the lousy connection and slightly bent connector on the left side have more to do with it than a different cable but I am mostly just happy that I had the replacement already in hand and don't have to worry about the JH13s getting stepped on the next time I am getting off an airplane or whatever.

That's interesting. I'm not a cable believer because I've never heard significant differences brought by cables, except one that I had with a JH13. A friend of mine had a TWag cable or something, so I plugged it on the left side, left the standard cable on the right side and connected both to the GS-X. The difference was dramatic to the point that I turned everything off and on again and re-converted the recording that I was using to mono – I really thought that something was with the system wrong.

The funny thing is that it was for the worse. I thought it ruined the sound of the JH13 once I connected the TWag to both sides – it sounded thinner, mid-centric and everything sounded out of place somehow, there was an apparent lack of focus. I figured the cable was badly designed and probably had weird impedance or something, but it was an interesting experience.

Rob, regarding the earpiece being too small:

I recall seeing Headphone Addict post on this several years back.  He used many layers of nail polish or something like it to slowly build up until he had a good seal on the piece.  If HPA is out there, maybe he can elaborate.

It's also possible my memory is full of shit.

Rob, regarding the earpiece being too small:

I recall seeing Headphone Addict post on this several years back.  He used many layers of nail polish or something like it to slowly build up until he had a good seal on the piece.  If HPA is out there, maybe he can elaborate.

It's also possible my memory is full of shit.

It was actually clear acrylic paint from the hobby store, used for car and airplane models. I don't think it was Tamiya paint, but something with a similar name.

To prepare I'd clean the ear tips with alcohol and plug the sound bores with round toothpicks very gently wedged into the opening. Then I'd hang the ear phones by the cable with the ear guides bent in such a way so that the toothpicks pointed at the ground the ground. While letting the IEM dangle I would use a small brush and gently add a thin layer of clear acrylic paint to the ear canal portion of the JH13Pro, without allowing any bubbles to form, and let it dry over night.  

I'd repeat the process 2-3 times before trying them on - doing it this way leaves a negligible increase in thickness from just one layer, and it would take 2-3 layers to feel them get tighter.  I suppose the acrylic paint goes on thinner than nail polish, but you can't really do more than one layer at a time without causing either streaking or bubbles.

I did this with my 1st pair of JH13Pro, with about 12 layers total to the right ear piece (4 treatments of three layers total) about 4 years ago, and I haven't needed to mess with them since.  These are the pair that used to travel with me because it wouldn't hurt as much if they got lost or damaged.  

My second pair of JH13Pro fit perfectly right out of the box, and for a long time I would only use them at home, which was a shame because nobody could see the cool flame paint job. But now that I have JH16Pro FreqPhase to baby at home, the flame job IEM can go out with me.

• 1 month later...

for anyone with slight fit issues the comply foam wraps available at JH are fantastic. I have an issue when I lay down with my JH13s in that they slightly break seal and it reduces bass quantity. The foam wraps solve that issue and you can move your head in any direction without issue. 

Not it does slightly impact comfort and ease of taking them out but not a bad experiment if you're willing to dish out the $15 for a pack of 5 (they are said to last 2-3 weeks before needed replacement)

• 2 weeks later...