JH Audio stuffs

atothex

• 11 months later...

I greatly prefer the modern Roxannes to my older JH13s and with the crazy sales they often have you can get them for about the same price as the JH-13s. Not sure if the modern ones are dramatically better than my two older pairs of 13s but I am happy with the Roxanne’s, but I am not ruling out the Layla’s at some point when I get bored. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the new filtered ear plugs from JH?  I think I need to replace the Ety plugs and Earasers for music and motorcycle riding as I can not really hear a difference between having them in and out.  My custom shooting plugs are super uncomfortable so I am thinking heavily attenuated JH plugs with lesser filters would be a nice pick up.

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2016 at 6:00 AM, Les_Garten said:

For the folks that have needed multiple repairs...

Are you kinda rough on your IEMs?

Seems like a lot of problems for such an expensive product.

I'm thinking about the 13, 16, Roxanne, or Angie.

I sent my 13's back after roughly 1.5 years of use due to the mid driver on my left unit not working. I asked what happened and they said moisture damage. Paid $155 including shipping both ways for the repair.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, planning to get the Roxanne.  I got my JH13 like 8-9 years ago I guess.  Not sure if they have my impressions on file still but even if they do, should I get another set of impressions made?  I assume your ears change over time.   

For reference (at least when I got them), the left ear piece fit me perfectly.  The piece inside the ear canal was slightly too long but not too irritable. 

Also, I have pretty small ears, do you think there might be a problem fitting the Roxanne drivers in mine?  

Edited by shellylh

2 hours ago, shellylh said:

Hey guys, planning to get the Roxanne.  I got my JH13 like 8-9 years ago I guess.  Not sure if they have my impressions on file still but even if they do, should I get another set of impressions made?  I assume your ears change over time.   

For reference (at least when I got them), the left ear piece fit me perfectly.  The piece inside the ear canal was slightly too long but not too irritable. 

Also, I have pretty small ears, do you think there might be a problem fitting the Roxanne drivers in mine?  

Shelly, in eight-nine years your ear canals may have slightly changed, the anterior wall contacting the earpiece is the TMJ which is continuously moving and could suffer degeneration and inflammation. There are other parts that can change due to bone growth, osteomas, etc. You wouldn't spend a lot having new impressions made and making sure that the new IEMs are the best fit possible, moreover if one of the old pieces is a bit too long already. Just my opinion :)

• Like 2

Get new ones. I just got the filtered earplugs after getting the Roxanne’s last year and they said the Roxanne molds were good through 2019.

Talk to Talent relations there as they should give you the Pro price and seem to speed up the process some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Repeat buyers are considered pros so we get a nice discount. Just have them enroll your account in the JH Crew or whatever they call it.  I got my Roxannes for dramatically less than list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VPI said:

Repeat buyers are considered pros so we get a nice discount. Just have them enroll your account in the JH Crew or whatever they call it.  I got my Roxannes for dramatically less than list.

You didn't claim to be one of your client's entourage?  I think that counts.  :D 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...