Best headphones for under $40?

Wmcmanus

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Santa! Dunno how you deal with all those bloody nippers, mate. Guess the bit right at the end helps to make up for it.

YouTube - Kevin Bloody Wilson Hey Santa Claus

Ya, he's getting quite the knob job there. That actually (almost) happened to me a couple of years ago. I walked into the Westin in Grand Cayman one night, totally unexpected. There I am in full glory with my fully tweaked out Santa suit (it's kind of an Orpheus of Santa suits if I don't mind saying so myself, no details left unattended). Anyway, there are two hot white chicks sitting there at the lobby bar, along with a couple of guys. I'm not really into white chicks these days, but I've been known to make exceptions.

They quickly took to me and were rubbing themselves all over me. I played along and made some innocent enough, but not exactly kid friendly comments to them, all in the Santa voice of course. No kids were around so it was safe territory. The next thing you know they're talking about having me up to their room for a 3-some. I said, "Ho ho ho... wouldn't your husbands get upset?" pointing to the guys I thought they were with at the bar. Then one of them said, "No, Santa, she's my husband!" and was dead serious about it.

But they weren't really interested in doing to Santa thing. They were just playing around with me. They did start kissing though, when I challenged them to. Nice looking women, I'm telling you. I was mostly afraid that they would try to use their toys on me, and Santa is strictly an exit only kind of guy. Should have done it... one of those rare opportunities that doesn't come twice.

Wayne, nice to meet you at CanJam! (Andy).

I'll sell you my ShinglePower ES-2 for $40K. I think that is the going Mikhail rate. Then we can talk about the rest. :D

I've had my ES-1 since last September and have yet to plug it in. No lie. It's not that I'm uninterested, it's just that I needed some time to decompress from the waiting game. It only took a year and a half, which is a nanosecond in Mikhail time. So I figure I should wait a couple more years to let it ferment. The SDS-XLR sounds pretty good though. I've had it for the same period of time and have listened to 2 CDs on it so far. Don't know why, because it really is stellar. I'm sure the ES-1 is as well. I'm planning to give them some serious time this Fall when I get back.

Wayne, welcome! Great seeing you at the Jam, we need to get the islands meet going brother maybe in the dead of winter.

I'd love to do that. I've been thinking about it actually, and would love to get 20-30 people together. It would be great to have more but that's not realistic given the cost. Fewer would be fun too, but the incentive for me would be to have a sufficient number to justify the hassle of moving my entire setup to a hotel for a week. I'd love to hear my MBL system breathe a little more. The room is deep and high enough but could use some additional width. Plus it would be hard to create enough space to allow everyone to have appropriate access to all of my headphones, amps, etc.

But a quick in and out in 3 days would be a shame in a lot of ways. You would need more time if you really wanted to do a "meet" (as such) with serious listening time, and also see the place and spend time on the beach. I'd say 4-5 days would be about right.

Ahhh, nice pink labia. :eek:

It was great meeting you there, and talking about cars and bikes too!

The best part of those pink ear molds was the little tampon strings they use to pull them out of your ears. I thought that was a nice touch. You can see them in the pic if you look close. Oh, and 2 of my 6 chins as well. That's always a pleasant reminder.

Edited by grawk

Yes, my new custom title is indeed colorful. I do feel bad though that I haven't done anything to truly earn it. I'll get right on that.

"I swear baby, that's just not my bag..."

Being the penis pump is far more vile than wearing one.

Your mom said she didn't mind being the penis pump at all.

Ya, ...

I've ...

I'd ...

The ...

Already post-count whoring over here? We do have multi-quote here bitch! :basement:

Already post-count whoring over here? We do have multi-quote here bitch! :basement:

Hey, I'm over 10,000 behind my pace!

No, the thing is, I've managed to get into a bad habit of reading/responding, reading/responding, and then going back and merging all of my continuous posts. But I don't have those powers here! :D

Welcome Wayne!

Downsizing to a $40k system? Dunno if that's even possible. Once you go below a certain price it's all crappy shit anyway. I think you need to budget for at least $50k or you might as well buy a ipod, boosteroo and some Ross phones.

I hate trying to suggest systems to cheapasses.