Ye Macce Threade

Does anyone know how I can run Cisco VPN client (in Mac OS X 10.6.7) without rebooting in 32 bit mode? I would think there would be a way I could just have CIsco VPN run in 32 bit mode while booting in 64 bit mode. Unfortunately, the "Open in 32-bit mode" box is not available in the Get Info tab for Cisco VPN Client (I have 4.9.01.0180).

Does anyone know how I can run Cisco VPN client (in Mac OS X 10.6.7) without rebooting in 32 bit mode? I would think there would be a way I could just have CIsco VPN run in 32 bit mode while booting in 64 bit mode. Unfortunately, the "Open in 32-bit mode" box is not available in the Get Info tab for Cisco VPN Client (I have 4.9.01.0180).

I have to google that myself, but I thought that if the check box for 32 bit mode was missing then it's only a 32 bit app.

I have to google that myself, but I thought that if the check box for 32 bit mode was missing then it's only a 32 bit app.

After searching, it's hard to find one clear answer. Sometimes you can get 32 bit mode check box by restoring from time machine, another got it back by re-installing the app with the newest version, another found booting in safe mode and then booting as normal got it back. (safe mode boot holding down shift key)

I'm guessing repairing permissions might help, or maybe booting in 64 bit mode by holding the "6""4" keys down when you boot might help it come back.

I don't think any of those would work but thanks for the help.

I remembered that I knew Rice's "shared secret" (from when I set up VPN on the ipad) and so I ended up fixing my problem by setting up VPN via "Network preferences" (and ditching the crappy Cisco VPN client). Now I can boot in normal (i.e. 64 bit) mode and use VPN again.

I really think he missed an opportunity to call it CloudMine. I'm going to start a competing computer company (to all of Microsoft Windowses, Apple, and linux), and I'm going to name all the apps ___Mine. In fact, fuck the operating system, I'm just going to start calling everything mine. My cats are no longer cats, they are FelinesMine. Real estate is LandMine. Car? TransportMine. Stereo? MusicMine. Wife? ConcubineMine.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4597

Information about the MobileMe transition

Last Modified: June 06, 2011

Article: HT4597

Summary

What's happening to MobileMe?

Effective June 6, 2011, if you had an active MobileMe account, your service has been automatically extended through June 30, 2012, at no additional charge. After this, the MobileMe service will no longer be available.

Products Affected

MobileMe

What will happen to the content I have on MobileMe?

Apple has announced a new service called iCloud which will be available this fall and free for iOS 5 and OS X Lion users. When you sign up for iCloud, you'll be able to keep your me.com or mac.com email address and move your MobileMe mail, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks to the new service.

When iCloud becomes available this fall, more details and instructions will be provided on how to make the move.

Can I create a new MobileMe account?

You can no longer create a new 60-day trial account or start a new subscription using a code contained in a MobileMe box. However, if you have a Family Pack subscription, you can still create new family member accounts.

Can I upgrade to a Family Pack or purchase additional storage?

Effective June 6, 2011, you can no longer upgrade your Individual account to a Family Pack or purchase additional storage for your MobileMe account.

I purchased a MobileMe box and have not used the activation code inside. Can I get refund for it?

Yes. If you have an unused activation code from a MobileMe box, you can submit a refund request.

MobileMe: All about MobileMe box refunds and subscription cancelations

Last Modified: June 06, 2011

Article: HT4445

Summary

This article explains the process for MobileMe box refunds and subscription cancelations, including how you know if you are eligible, what documentation is required, and refund processing time.

Products Affected

MobileMe

Expand All Sections | Collapse All Sections

What is a “MobileMe box”?

A MobileMe box contains an activation code to start or renew a one year MobileMe subscription. MobileMe boxes were sold in Apple Retail Stores, the Apple Online Store, and other authorized resellers until June 6, 2011. There are Individual and Family Pack versions of the box.

How do I know if I’m eligible for a refund?

If you purchased a MobileMe box and your activation code has not been used to start or renew a MobileMe subscription, then you may be eligible for a refund. Please read through the information below to determine what kind of refund applies to you.

All MobileMe box refund requests must be submitted by June 30, 2012.

Box refund eligibility and instructions for MobileMe members

Box refund eligibility and instructions for non-members

Canceling an active MobileMe subscription

If you have an active MobileMe subscription and would like to cancel it for a refund, you may do so at any time. If your subscription was activated with a MobileMe activation code purchased from an Apple Retail Store, the Apple Online Store, or an authorized reseller, follow the instructions below to request a cancelation and refund. You will need to provide all required proof-of-purchase documentation.

Please follow the procedures below to request your cancelation and refund:

Visit the online Cancelation Request form.

Fill out the form with your information.

If you also request a refund for any additional unused activation codes, Apple will send you an email requesting a scan or photo of your activation codes. Reply to that email with a scan or photo of your unused activation codes.

Apple will verify your documents, calculate the applicable refund, and cancel your MobileMe account.

You will receive a refund in 4-6 weeks via check, electronic funds transfer, or credit card, depending on how and where you made the purchase (as described later in this article).

Required proof-of-purchase materials

For activation codes that have not been added to a MobileMe account, you will need to provide a scan or photo of the unused activation code, which is located on the booklet inside the MobileMe box.

Sorry, n/m...

Mail that delivers. Free.

When you set up iCloud, you get a free me.com email account. iCloud automatically pushes new email messages to all your devices, so your inbox is up to date everywhere you check it. And iCloud keeps all your folders in sync, no matter which device you’re using.