Ye Macce Threade

So here's a weird one. I've been on my MBP now for a couple hours. I watched the battery lower to 30% then plugged it in. It's been plugged in for about a half hour. The plug has the little orange light on, but the battery icon doesn't say it's charging and it's stuck on 30%. What to make of this?

Well, my new MBA took a dive from the passenger seat of the Landrover onto a concrete garage floor. It was at least in a small incase sleeve luckily but it still ended up with a dented corner and upon start up the mouse would not work. Restart seems to have fixed that for the moment but I believe this will have a much shorter life span now.

Hmm, I posted above and my attachment was not there, tried to edit and lost everything, now I can't edit the post to fix it. Anyway, it doesn't belong in this thread so removed it.

I hope your MBA stays in working condition for years to come, so Apple doesn't try to deny warranty on it later.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

But I did order 2 biz day shipping guaranteed. Bah! Do I have a legitimate beef?

Well, it ended up arriving this morning at 9am, despite the Fedex estimated arrival time of tomorrow by 10am. All is well. This is one slick machine! I might have to take a nice, long time setting it up for my wife! :P

MBA has shipped! Wow, direct from Shanghai! But I did order 2 biz day shipping guaranteed. Bah! Do I have a legitimate beef?

On Schedule

Initiated

Picked up

In transit

Delivered

In transit

SHANGHAI CN

Shipment Dates

Ship date

Jul 21, 2011

Estimated delivery

Jul 26, 2011 by 10:30 AM

Should have clicked on express delivery when I ordered my MBA on Friday (I only had an option of next day shipping or free shipping when I checked out though). My MBA hasn't even shipped. Estimated delivery is Aug 2-4. :( I guess things could be worse.

Shelly revert to Hawaiian mindset. Should help.

Anyone regret their 11" v. 13" decision and have any words of advice before I order tomorrow?

No regrets here but if it is going to be used as a primary computer then the extra screen real estate would be nice. I have not tried to run down the battery but I have only gotten the 20% left warning once and I really do not plug it in all the time.

I don't. The resolution on the 11" is reasonable, and at the standard lap distances, the screen's plenty big for me. I'm sure others have other ideas...

With tbolt, you can use the mini-display port to hdmi or dvi adapters and use most monitors...