Ye Macce Threade

I've been having a bunch of small issues with my MacBook Pro Retina Display since I bought it back in June of last year.  This week it all came to a head when my MB Pro wouldn't recognize my external hard drive and the external Apple DVD player could not eject a surveillance video.  Additionally, I was having issues with using Safari and gmail; the fan turning on full force when looking at online photos or videos; bogging while viewing PDF files; extended wait times logging in and powering down; and it having a mind of its own by occasionally going into sleep mode while I was working on a project.  

The good news, the Apple Genius, identified that the logic board and the external hard drive were both faulty and need to be replaced, so I relinquished the MB Pro to Apple under the verbal agreement that it would be repaired and returned to me within one day and I bought a new external hard drive.  Also, the Apple Genius ejected the surveillance DVD from the DVD player and the reason it wasn't working was determined to be due to my MB Pro.  

I am thinking positive that the MB Pro will work as it should and be in the same cosmetic condition when it is returned tomorrow.           

I am thinking positive that the MB Pro will work as it should and be in the same cosmetic condition when it is returned tomorrow.

My experience with a logic board swap (2010 MBP) was positive - it took a couple of days (which is what they quoted me) and my MBP came back in the same cosmetic condition as when I dropped it off.

When it appeared that they were going to do a logic board swap on my iMac, I expressed my concerns about the cosmetics, etc.  The guy said they get that all the time and are very very careful to return it in the same cosmetic condition.  I got a new one so can't confirm, but he at least seemed to take my concern seriously.

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno if this got posted in here yet, one step further from vaporware.  IDGAF about the analogue audio I/O, but the FW800, USB3, GBit ethernets, and second Thunderbolt port are exactly what the doctor ordered.  The lack of eSATA doesn't bother me personally, but it might affect others.  I really like the look of the Belkin unit, especially compared to the weaksauce Matrox DS1.

http://www.apple.com/support/imac-harddrive/

Some iMac owners can participate in a recall on 1TB drives in units sold between Oct '09 and July '11. Use this link to see if you qualify.

It seems like for some owners, tomorrow is the last day to check them in, and I'm sure this affects at least one person here.

**BRENT**

For about the past month I've been having serious buffering issues in Chrome with YouTube.  Used to load 720/1080p content with no problem.  Now it fumbles along so bad I have to drop down to 360/240.  Deleted history/cookies/logins from Chrome, but no dice. Would Adblock be causing the problem?  Here's my specs and Speedtest...

screenshot20130414at659.png

Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Everyone has been having that, no matter what machine, speed of internet, or geographic location.

Many think it has to do with Chrome's new-ish internal flash process called Pepper.

It's currently using about 650MB of RAM for me, down from 900+ last night. Just the Pepper process, not all of Chrome.

**BRENT**

Everyone has been having that, no matter what machine, speed of internet, or geographic location.

Many think it has to do with Chrome's new-ish internal flash process called Pepper.

It's currently using about 650MB of RAM for me, down from 900+ last night. Just the Pepper process, not all of Chrome.

**BRENT**

Well I tried Safari and it was a little better.  Guess I'll have to see what Firefox does.  They better get on the ball and fix it.

Edited by archosman

• 2 weeks later...