Ye Macce Threade

Installing Mavericks was rather painless and speedy (for an OS upgrade) affair.  Not a big deal, but when it restarted after the update, both my monitors (MBP LCD and external) were using incorrect display profiles.  Also, getting the Dock to pop up (I have it setup to hide) can be erratic - sometimes it pops up quickly when I move the cursor to bottom of my screens and other times it needs an extra "tag," so to speak, toward the bottom of a screen for it pop up.  Not sure if this is because I have a dual monitor setup.

getting the Dock to pop up (I have it setup to hide) can be erratic - sometimes it pops up quickly when I move the cursor to bottom of my screens and other times it needs an extra "tag," so to speak, toward the bottom of a screen for it pop up.  Not sure if this is because I have a dual monitor setup.

I have the exact same problem running multi-monitor. The dock just does not want to come up unless you give it some effort.

When I unplug the second monitor it goes back to normal.

My guess is it is just a bug.

Can you make the dock transparent?

Bit out of the blue here, but since no-one else has suggested it.

Have you tried any "defaults" commands?

Like: 

defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean TRUE; killall Dock

This is basically a backdoor into the .plist options Grawk mentioned.

I'm still on SL myself, so no guarantees that it will work, but if you don't like the result, just change the boolean variable and run the command again.

Well that's no fun.

Did a quick search, and this suggests "hide-mirror" might be at least a partial solution. Tried it?

Out of curiosity, what's Maverics actually like, apart from looking pretty and being responsive? The sales blurb seem impressive, but then again they usually do.