Ye Macce Threade

I just try to be helpful, these days, and try to not make my client look bad.
Wait, so your client is Apple? That explains a lot.

It is not bad for them to admit they are theoretically vulnerable -- all computers are vulnerable these days, they haven't invented one yet that isn't, as far as I know.

Whatever, fuck off, I'm done with this thread. It's useless with you policing it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Wait, so your client is Apple? That explains a lot.

That's really sad, Peter.  You need to grow up.  I've done it.  If I can do it, you can too.  Unless you want to give me a time out because you are wrong.

Sure, no computer is invulnerable.  The one in my alarm clock is awaiting its hacking.  Any second now.

Whatever, fuck off, I'm done with this thread. It's useless with you policing it.

You used to be worthy of respect, Peter, even when we disagreed.  That was a while ago, I guess.

Edited by EdipisReks1

I use the pay AVG suite across all my computers and it most certainly does not stay out of the way.  Constant pop ups to make the computer faster or more secure and other add on bullshit.  

I have not found the shut up and fuck off button yet on the software, but I will keep looking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morphsci said:

It works well for me since it pretty much stays the fuck out of my way. That is my definition of both a good antivirus program and a good administrator.

I totally agree.

The only thing that reminds me that Avast is installed is once a month or so I get a notification that an update has been installed.

For all I know, nothing is being installed as I blissfully go on about my way. 

That's the way I like it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah, zero reason to buy the garbage can Mac Pro anymore. That new iMac Pro will be pretty sweet for people who can take advantage of that type of hardware in their workflows.

The $5k starter price is a big ask, but that is the price you pay when you jump from Intel's "Core" platform up to "Xeon" with its ECC memory.

I'm psyched as hell for the high refresh rate on the new iPad Pro. I've made the jump to high-refresh rate monitors on my desktops and now I can never go back. I'll have to see one in person before I make the jump, but if lives up to the promise there might be a 1st gen iPad Pro up for sale soon :).

• Like 4

Yup, the iMac Pro looks awesome!

I wish I could say that I was smart enough not to upgrade to the "dust bin" but the timing just wasn't right and I was too damn broke to upgrade from my 6 core.

I will still wait to see the 2018 Mac Pro but I was already drooling over the 5k 27"!

Also not sure about the home pod. I have an echo dot in the office because it was worth trying for $40. It is fun and it seems more useful if you have smart lights and such. Pretty sure I will not be jumping on the $350 homepod for a while after it is released.

My old Macbook Air is pathetic and will be scrapped soon.  I am considering the Macbook Pro with touch bar versus an iPad Pro with keyboard/pencil because I do not want or need both.  Would Shelly or Adam or others who have both please speak up with which one they would pick if they only wanted one?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voltron said:

My old Macbook Air is pathetic and will be scrapped soon.  I am considering the Macbook Pro with touch bar versus an iPad Pro with keyboard/pencil because I do not want or need both.  Would Shelly or Adam or others who have both please speak up with which one they would pick if they only wanted one?

Probably an easier conversation to have over the phone. PM me if you want my digits and we can chat.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voltron said:

I agree this is now a close call that very much depends on the use case.

Use case is to be my only full sized computer that is able to be mobile.  I have an iMac in my home office space and a Mac Mini that I am trying to get out of my audio setup.  I would use the new device moving around the house and obviously on travel and when away from the house.  I would want to watch video content on it for sure.  I would not truly need all of the power of the Macbook but I am used to having a true laptop.  I use my phone extensively for email and web time, and these days I usually don't even take the Air on short trips, but that is certainly in part because I hate it and the trackpad is dying.  

Not sure if that helps on the advice side, but it kind of adds up to the iPad as I read it back to myself...

Edited by Voltron

18 minutes ago, Voltron said:

I would definitely choose the MacBook Pro (I have the 13" Touch Model) because the iPad does not fully multitask, cannot run Windows as a virtual device and there are still a lot of things I do that are better/easier with a mouse. The caveat here is that this is based upon my iPad Air since my iPad Pro order is still processing. If this changes with the new iPad I will update here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Use case is to be my only full sized computer that is able to be mobile.  I have an iMac in my home office space and a Mac Mini that I am trying to get out of my audio setup.  I would use the new device moving around the house and obviously on travel and when away from the house.  I would want to watch video content on it for sure.  I would not truly need all of the power of the Macbook but I am used to having a true laptop.  I use my phone extensively for email and web time, and these days I usually don't even take the Air on short trips, but that is certainly in part because I hate it and the trackpad is dying.  

Not sure if that helps on the advice side, but it kind of adds up to the iPad as I read it back to myself...

Well, since you are local if you want you can borrow my prior gen iPad Pro that I have listed for sale here for a day or two and see if it works for you?

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1

Like Mike, I could never replace apps like Pro Tools or do actual work on my iPad so it's a "need" thing for me.

I suggest you look at the apps on the Air and see if there are any that you'd really miss.

But, if there aren't any (and don't have a reasonable ios version) you'd probably be happier with the iPad Pro. 

The track pad seems super clunky to me vs my magic mouse or touch os.

• Like 1

Well, since you are local if you want you can borrow my prior gen iPad Pro that I have listed for sale here for a day or two and see if it works for you?

Thanks for your two very kind offers and I will be in touch!

Of course I have to be able to type screeds! Do people think the iPad keyboard is not worthy of lengthy typing sessions?

And my current trackpad isn't just clunky, it has Parkinsons. Often impossible to click on buttons, etc. I am now using a separate magic trackpad or whatever it is called, which isn't a handy option.