Ye Macce Threade

Holy shit Mike!

That's a stiff bill IMHO.

I'm dying to hear how well the setup works for you.

Me on the other hand, I'm actually doing pretty well with the my current setup. Right offhand, I can think of just a couple of processes that make me "wait" and I don't have to use them more than a few times a year.

I would love to try doing a "big mix" with 50-100 tracks of 192kHz audio to see if I could load up enough plugins to bring it to it's knees (but that's just for funzies).

I can see how film studios who are using high rez cameras (8k+) will put those machines on a long wait list though.

Let us know how it treats you!

Misread your post.

I'd still like to get my hands on one to "stress test" it.

Edited by ironbut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Like this totally works. Cost an arm and a leg in dongles, but TB3-FW works. 42b300657a5db23a99d59ff019d1528d.jpg

I wonder how long it will take for a hardware fix in new Intel processors? This messes up my purchasing budget for the next few months at least...

If you need to know and have a NDA with Intel, you can find this out. At some point I am sure it will get leaked public..
  • Like 2

Antonio,

The dongle landscape has changed so many times in the last decade that I never buy one until I need it. 

Someone could come up with a TB3>firewire adapter tomorrow for all we know.

Hopefully things will settle down with USB3/TB3 long enough for everybody to assimilate??

Marc, the problem with your LG is it isn't suppling enough power to run the MIO. It used to be that once you got your unit running, it would run off of less juice. If you have your AC adapter try plugging that in then plug your firewire+dongles into your monitor port. Now that it's booted, try removing the AC power. It might run off of bus power (until the unit powers down completely again). 

Me, I just always keep my MIO's attached to AC and firewire. Makes rebooting a little bit of a pain but that's just the way it is.