Ye Macce Threade

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 12.9 inch pro incoming.  I simply bought the recommended (by The Wirecutter) third party folio case for it, but I know I'll want to get a keyboard for it (my intention is to replace my MBP with the iPad Pro).  Does anybody who has one of these have a keyboard recommendation?  My current iPad is the first generation pro, and I hate the feel of the Apple Keyboard cover for it, and ended up using the Belkin QODE I used with my previous Air 2.

I agree with Shelly. I have the Apple keyboard folio on my current gen 11” IPad and it is certainly better than the previous one. As much as I want it to be a laptop replacement, it just is not there yet. Not convinced anymore that it will ever be there as a true laptop replacement for those who actually use their laptop to do work.

I use Logitech K380 Bluetooth keyboards ($30 or less) for our office iPads when a lot of typing needs to be done. The Apple Wireless Keyboard works too, but it is obviously very expensive.

We tried the Zagg keyboard covers a few years ago as well as the Logitech Slim Folio... it really depends on the user.

Edited by HiWire

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, TMoney said:

That new trackpad cover looks real nice and works with the prior gen pros. Hmmm... want it, but not sure if I want to fork over $300 for it.

That is pricey, but when my keyboard folio bites it I will likely get the magic keyboard, because magic. (Typed on my keyboard folio).

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 2

Well frick, as someone with a less-than-a-year-old Air, that kinda stinks. I don't have much to complain about with the current model that I do have but more storage is MOAR better and I am not a huge fan of the keyboard. I've already had one key go sticky which thankfully some compressed air fixed, but the feel of it is far from ideal.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:57 AM, blessingx said:

Do we care about new Apple products in days like these? If so, the new iPad Pro looks pretty nice. Merging continues. 

Assuming I survive this (as an immunosepressed individual, but one who worked in a BSL3 and had a CDC license, so I have a leg up on most), I plan on getting that new iPad Pro 12.9 with the keyboard.

• Like 1