Ye Macce Threade

Funny,

I finally updated to Catalina 11/8 (and the first time I used Migration Assist instead of doing a clean install for, I can't even remember).

So of course I was cursing "Fu***ing Catalina piece of shit!" 

I started eying that bootable backup of Mojave I made Sunday.

And I'm usually the one that's "don't you panic me brothers".

Come to think of it, those problems may have started last night. 

My Apple TV wouldn't boot so I ended up using the Android app built into my TV (after restarting my entire digital world of course).

Edited by ironbut

If we’re listing, received notice from Adobe today to remove Flash (don’t ask) as it EOLs next month. Clicked okay. System went down and after several reboots Adobe needed to install apps? After a few hours I think I’m back to normal, but Flash couldn’t even die quietly in the night? 

Edited by blessingx

Finally got the upgrade to go through after dinner. Wow this Big Sur redesign is massive. People are going to flip when everything looks different all of a sudden.

First impression is I really like the new design language. Everything just looks cleaner to me. A lot of clutter has been hidden away.

1 hour ago, blessingx said:

If we’re listing, received notice from Adobe today to remove Flash (don’t ask) as it EOLs next month. Clicked okay. System went down and after several reboots Adobe needed to install apps? After a few hours I think I’m back to normal, but Flash couldn’t even die quietly in the night? 

I installed Elmedia to prep for the death of Flash.

https://www.wikihow.com/Open-SWF-Files

• Thanks 1

I don't know for sure but if that list reflects what is typical of pro audio apps, it's the app designers that needed to get a Transition Kit, and adapt their code to be compatible with the lastest OS/Hardware.

As an example, it was just last week that Pro Tools became 100% compatible with Catalina.

Apple has provided a few paths for app designers to port their software/hardware to Apple Silicon. 

It's up to 3rd party app designers to adapt (the more complex and multi faceted an app is, like the Creative Cloud or Pro Tools, the more involved the transition).

On the end user end, you need to do your homework before installing or transitioning to new software or hardware.

4 hours ago, morphsci said:

And this is bad why?

I didn't say it was, but I think competition makes for better products at better prices, at least in theory. OTOH it could be bad for Mac sales if users of Adobe products on OSX decide to go Windows to be able to keep using their apps. It's not that becoming a power user of any Adobe program is easy.

2 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

tJjnTJO.png

Paging ChungoJones123!

Chungo is also sick and looking bad. Very colloquial, almost slang.