Ye Macce Threade

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, morphsci said:

Got a new buddy for my Mac Studio from work99E3357F-F05A-4B31-AB5E-225B2316AAB9.thumb.png.bc03748590831c1df5256e750ead84d4.png

It is a hell of a damn laptop. I've used it as my primary work computer docked to a monitor and m+k at the office or unplugged on the weekends for nearly a year now and I have next to no complaints. For a personal device I'd have preferred the 14" size but for actually doing work I much prefer the bigger screen.

• Thanks 1

I have to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying my 2019 16" Macbook Pro.  The keyboard alone is a tremendous upgrade vs. the 2018 Air (which in itself is a great device).  I'm going to end up using AppleCare+ to refurb the Air and then pass it on as for travel I can pretty much get by with the 11" iPad these days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, blessingx said:

So for the new AirPods Pros, you can take a photo of your ears and make a personal Spacial Audio profile? 

1517990081_AppleEvents-Apple2022-09-0716-39-39.thumb.png.08e29b92f4a841f2d3df761ff464a59c.png

My Sony and Samsung true wireless has that. I never got around to setting it up, because they sound good enough for what they are. 

Maybe I'll give it a try. Na, that little flicker of motivation left me. Carry on. 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

In for 2nd-gen AirPods Pros and iPhone 14 Pro Max.

💪

No Apple Watch Ultra?

What kind of aspiring Mountain Climber / Wilderness trekker / Scuba diver are you? 

Waiting for the app that alerts you when you arrive at a vineyard?

To quote the Verge

"Can't wait to buy the Watch Ultra and use it while I sit on the couch and it silently judges me."

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Probably won't do it silently.

"An 86-decibel siren is designed for emergencies, should users become lost or injured, and can help draw attention to a location. The unique sound signature incorporates two distinct alternating patterns, which can repeat for up to several hours. The first pattern suggests distress, while the second mimics the universally recognized SOS pattern"

• Haha 1

And as for the Apple iPhone 14 ...

Linus does have some good, albeit sarcastic, points.

For example, the loss of the physical sim tray, in the NA versions. Can you say carriers? (@ 4:25)

or wait for the EU mandated USB C  port in the iPhone 15 (unless they go portless and wireless charging only).

And as for the satellite emergency contact,

as an El Reg commentard said

"As for the phones, God help emergency services now natural selection will no longer apply to the dumb ones. Yes, It's perfectly OK that it offers assistance in places where a normal phone would no longer work, but we know the moronic majority will see this as an excuse to get themselves into even more trouble."