Ye Macce Threade

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did Apple do something fucky with outgoing message tones recently?  My sainted, octogenarian mother wants to hear an audio confirmation for an outgoing message (both text and email) and her iPhone (running the latest OS) will not.  I have diagnosed part of the problem.  It looks like the iPhone only uses an outgoing message sound with the stock Mail app, not the GMail app.  I'm mystified as to the outgoing text message tone.  There isn't even an option to change it in Settings as best I can make out.

• 2 months later...

As I've mentioned in other threads, my entire life is in boxes right now.  As part of switching this house to a "skeleton crew" I dug up a "flat" Airport Extreme that I had mothballed years ago and fired it up.  I had it up and running in under 20 minutes.  I really wish Apple still made AirPorts.  Their east of use is unparalleled.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The claimed performance gains are decent. I'm looking forward to the benchmark tests.

It looks like the M2 iMac is delayed or waiting until the M3, and fanboys are already enraged about the Mac Pro.

I'm particularly happy about the increased memory... today's high-performance applications are becoming more and more memory hungry.

Edited by HiWire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2009 at 3:01 PM, The Monkey said:

My wife (through her company) has been doing some work with iPhone apps. She's the biz dev side, not the programming side. How difficult would it be for someone with no prior programming experience to learn programming for iPhone apps?

I'd probably not dive straight in with Swift development for the iPhone, the learning curve will be somewhat steep, if you've never programmed before. Better to explore the fundamental concepts somewhere more friendly first, an introductory Python book/course might be good, it's a popular teaching language. We are not born with an intuitive grasp of things like object polymorphism and inheritance after all :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kattefjaes said:

I'd probably not dive straight in with Swift development for the iPhone, the learning curve will be somewhat steep, if you've never programmed before. Better to explore the fundamental concepts somewhere more friendly first, an introductory Python book/course might be good, it's a popular teaching language. We are not born with an intuitive grasp of things like object polymorphism and inheritance after all :)

14 years later.  This might be a record

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...